View Full Version : High performance Crank pulley for M104 application

omeyhomey
03-07-2006, 12:19 AM

NISMOPOWERED
03-07-2006, 06:11 AM
Please keep us updated on this.

202rules
03-07-2006, 06:12 AM
How many hours should I expect a mechanic to charge to install it?

Ashkan's C280
03-07-2006, 09:27 PM
if there are gains I am in for sure....

202rules
03-08-2006, 06:47 AM
I was reading somewhere that stock crank pulleys usually have a built in harmonic balancer that "absorbs torsional and vertical vibrations from the crank" preventing it from resonating at certain frequencies which could result in a broken crank if the car is driven a lot.

Do our cars' crank pulley have a built in harmonic balancer or is it a seperate piece that can stay when you replace the stock pulley with a new one?

Pagz
03-08-2006, 10:22 AM
Originally posted by 202rules
I was reading somewhere that stock crank pulleys usually have a built in harmonic balancer that "absorbs torsional and vertical vibrations from the crank" preventing it from resonating at certain frequencies which could result in a broken crank if the car is driven a lot.

Do our cars' crank pulley have a built in harmonic balancer or is it a seperate piece that can stay when you replace the stock pulley with a new one?

Yes,the stock pully does have a built in torsion absorption,and iv questioned this quit a few times,I dont think the harmonics would break the crank(though sombody mentioned it happend in a race car),but would most likely cause undue noise and possibly "alittle" less life on bearings and components on the pully system(noise being the bigger problem),also the dual mass flywheel on the manual serves a similar purpose,and mostly stops transmission noise.
It would be interesting to see what sort of noise increase there is...as iv been thinking about having one made locally for my M111!

Paul

Pagz
03-08-2006, 02:23 PM
sounds good,might have to get myself one made after all!!!...
iv also been trying to get a one off lightwieght flywheel from a guy who had one made by UR,still waiting on outcome,i would say the flywheel would be a better gain in my situation because i have a massive dual setup which when i last had out wieght around 22kg!

joef
03-11-2006, 04:00 AM
I'd be interested