PDA

View Full Version : Suicide door hinge kit for rear doors?

SLAMMED_C
03-09-2006, 11:44 AM
Anyone know of a company that makes suicide door hinge kits for W202's?.. or a universal kit that I can use?
Ive seen one on ebay.. Ebay suicide hinge kit (http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Mercedes-C-Class-Suicide-Car-Door-Hinge-Kit_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ33642QQitemZ8011729 559QQrdZ1)
but it looks pretty wank.. very chincy looking.

solodough
03-09-2006, 01:32 PM
imho, i don't think that's a bad product. just find a good shop.

!!!!!NJ Drive
03-09-2006, 01:36 PM
Originally posted by solodough
imho, i don't think that's a bad product. just find a good shop. hmmm...i need to see better interior shots of the hinge installed

jaysonvaldez
03-09-2006, 01:43 PM
I wouldn't trust universal door hinges because it will sag. Here where I live there is a place that was charging me 3gs to do it and match the paint. They would make a custom hinge and reverse my door handles. I seen the guys work that he did on a Audiobahn PT cruiser and the work looked flawless. The hinge was beautiful and the hinge hid itself in the paneling not like some universal hinges that look like house door hinges that look longer, thats nasty. The door didnt have any sag,closed perfect, and it came out not at a angle. It was so perfect, reps from Chrysler went up to this guy at SEMA and asked him if the Chrysler manufacture did it for him. If I find the pics I'll post them. When I went to this bodyshop. The only thing he said that would suk was that the rear will go up in a angle because the shape of the w202 body is curved before it archs for the rear wheel unlike the PT cruiser it goes down straight before it archs for the rear wheel. Thats why I didn't do it. This matters alot because there going to build a housing for the hinge. Thats why when they do it on a mini truck it easy because the door doesnt arch a wheel it just goes down straight. Research first about that. Unless you want you wouldn't mind your door coming out in a angle. I think that would be nasty.It is hard for me to explain but Ill try to find those pics. Good luck

Abuimad
03-09-2006, 02:29 PM
this i have to see........definetly will loook unique and i doubt ne1 has it done...

benzonline
03-09-2006, 08:22 PM
wow that would be something.

Pagz
03-09-2006, 09:42 PM
hmmm, i wonder whats involved in shifting the door handle?...

off-topic:
got pissed off from re-building loom,what an ass pain,went to part supplier,said between 1000-1200 new...went home and tried again LOOOL

SLAMMED_C
03-10-2006, 08:48 PM
I just think it would look sick as hell with a suicide door for the rear.. but yeah, thats the main issure.. trying to get the rear door to open correctly.. I know it will be hard to do.. because of the way the door line goes.
its not something I will be doing anytime soon.. but I definetly want it done.
just gotta find a good hinge kit that wont look ugly when in place. and still make the door function normally (not open up at an angle)
as for shifting the door handle and latch.. Im sure it will need a lot of inginuity!!.. the easiest thing would be to cut out where the handle is and just move it to the other side of the door and weld it into place.. or shave the rear handles off and use solenoids!
Ive seen pics of a W140 with a suicide rear door hinge kit.. looks sick!..
here they are:
http://www.tuningfever.com/displayimage.php?album=28&pos=4
http://www.tuningfever.com/displayimage.php?album=28&pos=365

23k: wow really.. that much for the engine wiring harness.. want me to price one out for you? might be cheaper!!

Abuimad
03-11-2006, 01:21 AM
damn that 140 is a 100% lowrider material..and the suicide doors look sick....definetly an ultimate mod

trymonlam
03-11-2006, 07:28 PM
Originally posted by Abuimad
damn that 140 is a 100% lowrider material..and the suicide doors look sick....definetly an ultimate mod
that may well be true, and i am impressed by the 140. nonetheless a little sadness creeps in me to see a 140 like that.

Abuimad
03-11-2006, 07:59 PM
i really need to get me some air suspentions :D

SLAMMED_C
03-12-2006, 10:54 AM
Originally posted by trymonlam
that may well be true, and i am impressed by the 140. nonetheless a little sadness creeps in me to see a 140 like that.
lol.. I know. Im a lil disgusted by the rest of the car myself!!.. but the rear dors look so tight.

Pagz
03-12-2006, 12:21 PM
Originally posted by SLAMMED_C

23k: wow really.. that much for the engine wiring harness.. want me to price one out for you? might be cheaper!!

yeh its not cheap huh!,i guess there hand made...
thanks,but iv just finished my custom one,and damn it was a pain!!!,hopfully its all soldered correctly...guess i'll find out when i turn the ignition on!lol hope i dont blow ecu etc

SLAMMED_C
03-12-2006, 01:22 PM
Originally posted by 23K
yeh its not cheap huh!,i guess there hand made...
thanks,but iv just finished my custom one,and damn it was a pain!!!,hopfully its all soldered correctly...guess i'll find out when i turn the ignition on!lol hope i dont blow ecu etc
okay bro.. if ya need one let me know and I will get a price.
I bet it was a apin to make one!!.. lots of "f" bombs while making it where there!!?

Pagz
03-12-2006, 06:13 PM
Originally posted by SLAMMED_C
okay bro.. if ya need one let me know and I will get a price.
I bet it was a apin to make one!!.. lots of "f" bombs while making it where there!!?

big F bombs man...huge!...i almost gave up because i couldnt make it look how i wanted LOL,so iv done it but will more than likely re-do it when i get my intake manifold man:cool:...more on that shortly;)

SLAMMED_C
03-12-2006, 06:16 PM
Originally posted by 23K
big F bombs man...huge!...i almost gave up because i couldnt make it look how i wanted LOL,so iv done it but will more than likely re-do it when i get my intake manifold man:cool:...more on that shortly;)
lol.. gotta love droppin f bombs!!
well things dont always turn out how ya want!!.. I know that myself.. just have to kinda accept them as they turn out!!
What.. whats this????!!.. a custom intake manifold?!!!.. let me in man!.. whats this secret all about?!!