PDA

View Full Version : esp/bas light

Bazulco
03-09-2006, 08:31 PM
i was driving 2day and the esp/bas light came on! So i ran the car for codes and nothing came up! I shut the car off and then started it again it was gone. But then later at night driving home it came on again and wont stay off! Does anyone know why its doing it? Is it posibale that my battery is low because i heard that might cause the light to go off!

coolin
03-10-2006, 06:34 AM
My car has done that to me twice. Both times were on hot/humid days in stop and go traffic.

In both cases I was able to pull over. Re-start the car and the light turned off.

I was told by the group that my battery is on the way out, but I have not encountered any other problems (and my car starts well on cold days).

I hope this helps.

jnolte
03-10-2006, 11:52 AM
stop and turn your wheel all the way to the left then right and see if it goes off

benztech74
03-11-2006, 06:58 AM
the most common cause of this problem is the stop lamp switch
i would replace it.

Abuimad
03-11-2006, 10:57 AM
Originally posted by jnolte
stop and turn your wheel all the way to the left then right and see if it goes off

this method worked for me and im hoping this is all you need to do

jnenad16
03-11-2006, 11:33 AM
esp/bas usually goes off when the steering angle sensor has a fault, to reset it turn the wheel fully to each side a few times, turn off the car and start it again. if that does not work, check your charging system, if its under/overcharging, it might trigger the esp light too. the last posibility could be the esp system itself. its best to get it scanned just to be sure.

nenad

m8829
03-16-2006, 12:15 AM
I changed the brake light switch under the foot pedal area and it worked. Cheapest solution, so try it first chances are it will solve the problem.

SLAMMED_C
03-17-2006, 04:53 PM
any issues Ive ran into with bas/esp lights has been the brake light switch.. not saying it definetly is your problem.. but most likely is.
steering angle sensor could also be an issue...
keep checking for codes and let us know.