PDA

View Full Version : Help: E430 speaker removal

Bam
07-22-2003, 03:00 PM
Hey guys, was wondering if anyone could help me with replacing the factory speakers on my E430. I recently blew out the mids (dash), and highs (pillar) on the driver side. I called for prices on these speaker and surprisingly, they are pretty affordable, $40 and $20 respectively.

Anyways, I need help in tryin to get the speaker cover off the dash to get to the speaker, and also the pillar for the highs. If this calls for the removing of the whole dash, I'll opt to getting this done by professionals.

Thanks in advance,

Bam

MBATF
07-22-2003, 03:24 PM
I think if you try www.Bnzsport.com will be much easier then having C-class people telling you what should do on your E-class..
LOL, u r welcome here don't worry.

The Speakers on teh Dash: you mean twiters???

Bam
07-22-2003, 03:27 PM
oops, sorry guys. I typed in bensport.com into the URL and it directed me here. I didn't know they changed it to bnzsport.

J Irwan
07-22-2003, 08:46 PM
Bam

To remove the tweter on the door pillar , it will required you to do remove the door panel.

Only after the door panel remove you will be able to remove the door pilar panel.
Then you will have access to the tweeter..

Now for the midrange on the dash I forgot on how to remove them. (I installed the stereo on my friend 96 E320 a while back)
On W202 there is small tab that has to be pushed to release the cover on the dash (this tab is accesible via the upper part of the A/C vent)

If I remember correctly on W210 the cover for dash speaker screwed-on..

Regardz,

Bam
07-23-2003, 06:56 AM
Nice seeing a familiar name. I think you've helped me out several times before.

Thanks,

Bam

pnsji
07-23-2003, 11:37 AM
Hey Bam,

For your info, here is W202 dash look like:
http://www.club202.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=367