PDA

View Full Version : Is Fuel Saver ok?

ibestriker
03-15-2006, 01:51 AM
Hi everyone.

Want to have your advice. I have read somewhere, somebody is selling a kind of fuel saver at less than USD25.

The product is claimed to save fuel at least 10 to 20%, improve power about 50%, smoother the engine, reduce noise and many more.

Is the product good for Mercedes? For your info, there is no modification or cutting to the fuel line. Just attach it to the fuel line that goes from fuel filter to the fuel injector.

Anyone here has tried? Please share your views..

Cheers...

NISMOPOWERED
03-15-2006, 07:28 AM
JUNK! They dont work.

trymonlam
03-15-2006, 07:57 AM
u should relay the message to the lord of all cheap power enhancements, Jnenad16. he's tested numerous of these and had given honest reports. do a search on his threads and u may actually find this product u r talking about.
however, 50% power increase is likely to be out of the picture. if that shit can actually do this, we should see lines circling the globe for it now.

jnenad16
03-15-2006, 10:32 AM
I assume you are talking about the magnets that go around the fuel line. in that case, this is what I found out. when I had it on my C280, I experienced a MPG increase of around 15%(with 3 units over the fuel line), and a bit better low end pull. when I installed it on my 300SE(this time only one), I didnt notice anything significant(maybe about 1-2% improvement in MPG and no power difference).
If you are really interested in saving fuel and a bit more power, I highly recommend XADO treatments. Look for my thread called CHEAP ENGINE RESTORER AND POWER OPTIMIZER and read my findings. the treatment might take you about a month to complete, but its well worth it.

nenad

ibestriker
03-15-2006, 08:52 PM
The Xado is gonna cost around USD60 which is too expensive..I think there are so many other treatment that half or quater that price and proven to be very good.

About the Fuel Saver magnet thing, I think from the 'How it Works', it sounds interesting. There is also 100 Days Full Money Back Guarantee, worth give it a try..lol

Can you guys review this for me:

www.autoglobalzone.com

Cheers..

trymonlam
03-15-2006, 09:00 PM
for $60 u can get XADO to do what it claimed, i say that's a pretty damn good deal. i am approaching oil change soon, so i might actually do this XADO thing later.
a while ago a member here suggested seafoam injector cleaner. he said it works like a miracle. do a search to find out more.

94benZo
03-16-2006, 09:08 AM
nenad !!
this is what you used right??
http://cgi.ebay.com/XADO-Gel-for-Gasoline-Engines-Gift-Set_W0QQitemZ5607401718QQcategoryZ88433QQssPageNam eZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

just trying to be sure before I buy. Right now I'm getting about 330 miles per tank... see if this going to make any difference. anyway, how big of a tank does a 94 c280 has?? 16? 17?gallons? and what do you all get for your tank of gas??

thanks!

jnenad16
03-16-2006, 10:12 AM
Originally posted by 94benZo
nenad !!
http://cgi.ebay.com/XADO-Gel-for-Gasoline-Engines-Gift-Set_W0QQitemZ5607401718QQcategoryZ88433QQssPageNam eZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

just trying to be sure before I buy. Right now I'm getting about 330 miles per tank... see if this going to make any difference. anyway, how big of a tank does a 94 c280 has?? 16? 17?gallons? and what do you all get for your tank of gas??

thanks!
yes that is the one, but its not for the fuel its for the engine oil. their gel for fuel systems is what goes in the fuel tank.

nenad

enawazh
03-17-2006, 01:33 AM
Can i still use the XADO treatment if there was a slight leak in the head gasket?

95 c280 152k miles

trymonlam
03-17-2006, 08:02 AM
don't know about head gasket,
but i believe almost all 202s got a leak somewhere. so it's probably alright.
leave a note in nenad's original thread for mr.clark, he represents XADO here and he's monitoring that thread. so i am sure he would be able to give u a concrete answer.
what do u think, nenad?

jnenad16
03-17-2006, 10:16 AM
the slight oil leak from the head gasket has nothing to do with the treatment. it wont leak out if thats what worries you.

nenad

enawazh
03-20-2006, 03:22 AM
thanks for the info guys

my concern is with the cerment filling in the gaps and solidifying, if so could that cause any problems?

jnenad16
03-20-2006, 10:05 AM
Originally posted by 94benZo
nenad !!
[url] anyway, how big of a tank does a 94 c280 has?? 16? 17?gallons? and what do you all get for your tank of gas??

thanks!
I used to get about 400 miles to the tank with my C280.

nenad

jnenad16
03-20-2006, 10:07 AM
Originally posted by enawazh
thanks for the info guys

my concern is with the cerment filling in the gaps and solidifying, if so could that cause any problems?
according to xado, there is no problem.

nenad

Ashkan's C280
03-20-2006, 10:53 AM
400 is insane!!!!!!!! I have found decent results with stp complete fuel system cleaner, I guess my stsem was will with all kinds of stuff cause I was getting 184 at one point, I am around 230 ish and this is mostly all highway, I am going to try the seafoam next so I will let you guys know, and does anyone have a link to the fuel magenets? its weird I just had my fuel line and filter replaced too ):

Xado
03-20-2006, 11:38 AM
Hey guys,

Justin Clark here aka Xadoman. Nenad is correct about the fact that there is no need to worry about cermet forming in unwanted places. The reaction which forms the coating only take place in the presence of friction and then only when at least one of the pair is ferrous. I would caution anyone with a weak head gasket about using the product, though. XADO can increase compression considerably. I know of at least one case where a mildly leaky head gasket blew clear out 2 weeks after the owner used XADO. Have also heard stories of the increase in compression doing in timing belts that were past their prime. It is great stuff, but not an excuse to skip good maintenance practices. Thanks for saying good things about my stuff, guys!

Justin

ibestriker
03-20-2006, 05:00 PM
Originally posted by Ashkan's C280
400 is insane!!!!!!!! I have found decent results with stp complete fuel system cleaner, I guess my stsem was will with all kinds of stuff cause I was getting 184 at one point, I am around 230 ish and this is mostly all highway, I am going to try the seafoam next so I will let you guys know, and does anyone have a link to the fuel magenets? its weird I just had my fuel line and filter replaced too ):

At the moment, one of the cheapest in the market is this Fuel Saver from USA, just around $23, plus 100 Days Money Back Guarantee:

www.autoglobalzone.com

Shipping not sure how much, but shouldn't be more than $10, I guess..

ibestriker
03-20-2006, 05:03 PM
Originally posted by ibestriker
At the moment, one of the cheapest in the market is this Fuel Saver from USA, just around $23, plus 100 Days Money Back Guarantee:

www.autoglobalzone.com

Shipping not sure how much, but shouldn't be more than $10, I guess..

Anyone here in this forum has tried before?

jnenad16
03-20-2006, 06:24 PM
you might want to change your oxygen sensor.

nenad

jnenad16
03-20-2006, 06:25 PM
Originally posted by ibestriker
Anyone here in this forum has tried before?
I used super fuelmax from IRD. they used to be all over ebay.

nenad

jnenad16
03-20-2006, 06:28 PM
Originally posted by Xado
Hey guys,

Justin Clark here aka Xadoman. Nenad is correct about the fact that there is no need to worry about cermet forming in unwanted places. The reaction which forms the coating only take place in the presence of friction and then only when at least one of the pair is ferrous. I would caution anyone with a weak head gasket about using the product, though. XADO can increase compression considerably. I know of at least one case where a mildly leaky head gasket blew clear out 2 weeks after the owner used XADO. Have also heard stories of the increase in compression doing in timing belts that were past their prime. It is great stuff, but not an excuse to skip good maintenance practices. Thanks for saying good things about my stuff, guys!

Justin
Mr. Clark,

Could you email me your phone #,the 800 number I have is the wrong one, I keep getting some school's basketball department? I am very interested in being your distirbutor here in Hawaii.
my email is jnenad16@europe.com
thank you,

nenad

trymonlam
03-20-2006, 06:32 PM
awesome, nenad is going to be a dealer!
Mr. Clark, how about a slight discount for the club202 members? hehehe....:D

Ashkan's C280
03-20-2006, 07:04 PM
Originally posted by jnenad16
you might want to change your oxygen sensor.

nenad

my 02 sensors light have not come on to show they are out, when do they usually go bad?

jnenad16
03-20-2006, 08:22 PM
my 02 sensors light have not come on to show they are out, when do they usually go bad?
you dont have an O2 sensor light, the CEL will come on in case these is an open circuit in the sensor, or if the signal is implausible. most of the time dirty O2 wont set off the CEL. if you have never changed it and your car has over 50k miles, I recommend you do.

nenad

trymonlam
03-20-2006, 08:32 PM
i changed mine before it reached 80k. the dealer told me it was a little slow. so i changed it with a indie shop.