PDA

View Full Version : Do old cars need top overhaul?

ibestriker
03-15-2006, 01:53 AM
Hi guys..

Do all old Mercedes cars, like 10 years old need be top overhauled? If so, what is the reason? Does it have something to do with carbon inside the engine?

What if we don't do it?

What is the typical cost for top overhaul?

Cheers..

jnenad16
03-15-2006, 10:46 AM
by top overhaul, I guess you are refering to the head job(not what some of my might think LOL). unless your car overheated, some valves are damaged, or the valve seals are leaking, these is no need for it.

nenad

ibestriker
03-15-2006, 05:13 PM
Originally posted by jnenad16
by top overhaul, I guess you are refering to the head job(not what some of my might think LOL). unless your car overheated, some valves are damaged, or the valve seals are leaking, these is no need for it.

nenad

But all cars, there will be some carbon produced in the combustion chamber. When the carbon is thick, the efficiency will become less.

That's why we need some kind of top overhaul, is that true? Anyone expert?

Thanks...

benzboy
03-15-2006, 09:32 PM
the expert in this forum has already posted, nenad is a great asset to the forum and knows our cars inside out

ibestriker
03-15-2006, 10:00 PM

nenad

What is the cause of the car to be overheated?

If driving a car long distance, do we need to rest after certain period? Like resting 10 minutes every 1 hour...or something like that? Any idea?

Is there any bad effect if we press our fuel pedal for 120mile per hour all the time we are on a highway? What is the speed that we should go to take care of our car?

Thanks.

PS: Is Nenad a girl? It is awesome for a girl to be a C200
expert.. :)

jnolte
03-15-2006, 10:05 PM
no Jnenad is a male..... at least we hope so.. ;) ive seen pics that would be one ugly girl

anyways, overheating is when your temperature reaches very high temps, boiling points

jnenad16
03-15-2006, 10:11 PM
last time I looked down my pants, there was something in there. LOL
as for carbon deposits, a good fuel system cleaner should take care of it.
the one thing I can think of that being sold around the world is soltron (or xbee around europe), which is an enzymatic fuel system cleaner. it works wonders on older cars.
also, the harder you drive your car(frequent high revs), it prevents most of the carbon deposits from sticking to the combustion chamber.

nenad

coolin
03-16-2006, 06:30 AM
the harder you drive your car(frequent high revs), it prevents most of the carbon deposits from sticking to the combustion chamber.

nenad

I call this one the Polish tune-up. It works great on all cars, not just European ones.

Renn 208
03-16-2006, 08:21 AM
Originally posted by coolin
I call this one the Polish tune-up. It works great on all cars, not just European ones.

Funny stuff!

But wouldn't it be more appropriate to call it an Italian tune up?:p

coolin
03-16-2006, 08:46 AM
Originally posted by Renn 208
Funny stuff!

But wouldn't it be more appropriate to call it an Italian tune up?:p

No, that's when you use cologne as an air freshener...

(Before I blasted for this, my wife is italian...so it's allowed).

Abuimad
03-16-2006, 08:48 AM
this thread is filthy overheating, looking down pants and head jobs :D :D ...tisk tisk tisk THAT SAID

fuel system cleaners sold in gas stations really do help cars ? i never bought them thinking they were just another useless thing being sold