PDA

View Full Version : somebody please help!

lewda
03-16-2006, 05:02 PM
ha, alright, ive searched EVERYWHERE!! haha, but cant find anything that relates to my problem, its a weird one, my head unit, works fine, kinda. Its a JVC, with a tilt face, etc....all that jazz...but when i turn the car off, the tilted face wont retract like its supposed to, and your supposed to be able to eject a CD when the car is off, cant do that either, and to top it all off, soon as the car turns back on, it resets itself, almost like, the headunit looses all power when the car is shut off, now have i wired something wrong, i met all the colors to each other, and im left with an extra wiring harness that went to the stock head unit, and the wireing to i beleive is an amp, which went to the OEM headunit, now i just got this car today, like, 6 hours ago, haha, have already done some modding, but i cant fig out the deal, ive unplugged plugged it back in, checked my wiring, etc..i cant fig it out, someone please help!!! i hope its not the unit, and just something i did

jnolte
03-16-2006, 05:13 PM
wiring to the Vw harness is VERY confusing, its not correct. you need to run 2 wires into one. like the power and memory need to go to the power wire on the harness. I CAN REMEMBER CORRECTLY but theres certain wires that get mixed up and doubled up in order for the deck to retain memory etc. I had to ask my freind that works at a car stereo to get the right info

So try attaching the constant 12v and memory wire on the deck to the one constant 12v on the harness and see if that works, tell me if it does or not.

make sure when using butt connectors you have NO stray wire, ive seen tons of fires before with kids and shitty skills blowing up their cars

lewda
03-16-2006, 05:41 PM
sweet, i hope this works, for i just got outa the shower, im about to ask a maybe dumb question, which color is the "memory" wire? is it the orange one? if not hopefully i can find it, cheers for the info, im a bit more happier now, haha

jnolte
03-16-2006, 05:52 PM
Originally posted by lewda
sweet, i hope this works, for i just got outa the shower, im about to ask a maybe dumb question, which color is the "memory" wire? is it the orange one? if not hopefully i can find it, cheers for the info, im a bit more happier now, haha

it should say on the wiring if not, then check the manual. It varys. Orange could be Illumination, yellow may be memory, but it differs deck to deck.

lewda
03-16-2006, 05:55 PM
alright, tried the memory and 12v from the deck, to the harness, no go, this time, when the car is off, the unit stays on

jnolte
03-16-2006, 06:15 PM
so you put the memory wire to the 12 volt wire and it just stays on all the time now? maybe its to the ignition? maybe im gunna have to pull out my deck and have a look but im kinda busy

iwhocorrupts
03-16-2006, 06:18 PM
Talk to "MECP Must Be" he's an audio guy, might be able to help you out

-Mark

lewda
03-16-2006, 06:33 PM
im the bomb diggity dawg motha f**ka!!!! haha, from the wire harness adapter thing, the 12v and memory wires were backwards, so i put the yellow to red, and the red to yellow, and not it works fine, thanks for all yall guys help! what a way to take in a newbie ;)

jnolte
03-16-2006, 06:44 PM
Originally posted by lewda
im the bomb diggity dawg motha f**ka!!!! haha, from the wire harness adapter thing, the 12v and memory wires were backwards, so i put the yellow to red, and the red to yellow, and not it works fine, thanks for all yall guys help! what a way to take in a newbie ;)

see i told you it was something like that, damn confusing

enjoy your properly working headunit

you should rename the title of the thread so people can find this when searching. I know alot of people have this problem

martattack
03-17-2006, 12:45 AM
That's very common to confuse the Memory and Power wires (Red and Yellow). Especially on the VW wiring harness where they need to be reversed to work on W202s.

michael4589
08-15-2006, 12:51 AM
Dam thanks that really helps alot, I had the same problem and couldn't figure it out