PDA

View Full Version : M111 variable cams on intake

Pagz
03-17-2006, 10:55 AM
Just flicking through my haynes manual this morning making sure i was up to the task of removing the sump...then i noticed the proceedure on removing the cams etc....and WTF the intake has a variable cam on some models!!(well mine anyhow),which is activated by the solinoid infront of the right cam...i always thought is was a cam position sensor lol...sombody speak up and make an ass of me!,Does everybody have this?,did i miss a thread somhwere?

NISMOPOWERED
03-17-2006, 11:02 AM
I do on the intake cam of my c36

SLAMMED_C
03-17-2006, 04:33 PM
You are correct my good man.. the intake cam on the M111 motor is variable due to the solenoid on the front of the cam..
the M271 (evolution 1.8L kompresor motor) has variable cams on both the intake and exhaust.. but we only got variable for intake.

Pagz
03-17-2006, 04:40 PM
Originally posted by SLAMMED_C
You are correct my good man.. the intake cam on the M111 motor is variable due to the solenoid on the front of the cam..
the M271 (evolution 1.8L kompresor motor) has variable cams on both the intake and exhaust.. but we only go variable for intake.

Confirmed!,just when i thought i knew everything about my engine!ha

SLAMMED_C
03-17-2006, 05:06 PM
Originally posted by 23K
Confirmed!,just when i thought i knew everything about my engine!ha
the real pro has spoken!! lol... you know more about your engine then I know about it man.

Pagz
03-17-2006, 05:21 PM
the real pro has spoken!! lol... you know more about your engine then I know about it man.

im not taking it to any MB mechanics again ever LMAO

SLAMMED_C
03-17-2006, 05:32 PM
Originally posted by 23K
im not taking it to any MB mechanics again ever LMAO
you might as well not.. Im sure you could do a better job fixing your car then an MB tech!!

Pagz
03-17-2006, 05:41 PM
you might as well not.. Im sure you could do a better job fixing your car then an MB tech!!

oh i was meaning even with my poor knowledge i'd be even worse of taking it in lol...I am sure MB techs know there stuff!!!,just piss taking;)

SLAMMED_C
03-17-2006, 05:44 PM
Originally posted by 23K
oh i was meaning even with my poor knowledge i'd be even worse of taking it in lol...I am sure MB techs know there stuff!!!,just piss taking;)
lol.. trust me.. with some of the techs out there.. youre better off giving it a go yourself!!
most MB techs know their stuff...

benzaddict
03-17-2006, 07:50 PM
Yep, the magnets on the front to activate the cam adjuster, the cam sensor is the black plug on the right side.

Pagz
03-23-2006, 11:00 AM
more about the workings....is it a simple On/Off system like the honda's?