PDA

View Full Version : Delay on accelerator

illusionaryline
03-18-2006, 04:29 PM
Hey guys. MY 98 c200 has a decent delay on the accelerator, takes a bit for it to kick in once my foot is down, Is there anyway to fix this?
thanks in advance

NISMOPOWERED
03-19-2006, 07:23 AM
Is this something new or has it been this way from day one?

bc24
03-19-2006, 08:25 AM
My car is the exact same way... You have to put your foot down and then wait a second for it to downshift. I think this is pretty common for these cars.

Highhpta
03-19-2006, 10:19 AM
I can second that on the throttle delay. I have a 2000 c280 with only 34k miles. I have always noticed it I figured it was just how these cars are. Kind of annoying though waiting for the second or two and then the rpm's just jump up. If anybody thinks this is a probably with the throttle cable or something else please let us know.

OCKlasse
03-19-2006, 12:21 PM
Originally posted by Highhpta
I can second that on the throttle delay. I have a 2000 c280 with only 34k miles. I have always noticed it I figured it was just how these cars are. Kind of annoying though waiting for the second or two and then the rpm's just jump up. If anybody thinks this is a probably with the throttle cable or something else please let us know.

is it because of the drive-by-wire throttle?

illusionaryline
03-19-2006, 03:35 PM
yeh i have had this problem from day one, its really a pain in the ass especially when your at traffic lights or turning a corner from park. are there any easy solutions for this?

jnenad16
03-19-2006, 03:40 PM
Originally posted by illusionaryline
yeh i have had this problem from day one, its really a pain in the ass especially when your at traffic lights or turning a corner from park. are there any easy solutions for this?
the delay is a safety feature, to protect the transmission. chip tuning would be the only way to shorten the delay. it could also be that the throttle actuator cable is loose.

nenad

NISMOPOWERED
03-19-2006, 05:12 PM
Alot of drive by wire cars do this. I own 3 and they all do it to varying degrees.

illusionaryline
03-19-2006, 05:14 PM
is there anyway to fix? would shortening the wire do it? or would a stealership be able to do something, thanks for the help guys- lol i just got my license and only got the car a few months ago so just started to drive it and figure out all this stuff :P

JOESID
03-19-2006, 05:52 PM
I always just assumed that the transmission was slow....I thinks its this.

OCKlasse
04-02-2006, 09:58 PM
if you check my thread about my cold air intake, my throttle response is significantly better than before. The much larger diameter piece between the throttle body and MAS made the car respond much quicker than before.

rollinrealbig
04-02-2006, 11:10 PM
yuperz!

my 202 has a delay also ... but I kinna like it in a way ... just cruizing, floor it, wait a second - watch the RPM's build and tranny downshift, and then feel a little pull - Ive won one of my races that way ... guy didnt think my car was gonna pull away, he thought that was it but his jaw dropped when his precious little accord got smoked! LMAO !