PDA

View Full Version : AMG C36 Carbon Fiber Intake crossover pipe...

omeyhomey
03-22-2006, 06:24 PM
Hey guys,

I have an idea. I have a a carbon fiber guy that could EASILY make a super high quality 3.6 AMG intake crossover pipe. however i must ask... How many of you would HONESTLY be interested. The maxiumum price would be $400 but i would aim for it to be around $300 is possible for the carbon fiber crossover pipe with AMG emblem. I was shocked to hear used plastic AMG intakes crossovers were $500-900 so i thought why not create a much better one out of CF for a fraction of the cost. If demand is high enough I will start making it once M104 pulley design is finalized.

anyone interested?

omeyhomey
03-22-2006, 07:03 PM
just in case u guys wanna see the type of quality my guy can do here is an example of his BBCF (black border carbon fiber). As you can see the quality is amazing and for the intake there probably would not be any black borders but the quality is just the same, it is UV protected, garenteed to never yellow or fade, and its top notch grade CF. If interested lemme know, your feedback is appreciated.

http://www.europerformance.net/images/cf1.jpg

http://www.europerformance.net/images/cf2.jpg

http://www.europerformance.net/images/cf8.jpg

http://www.europerformance.net/images/cf9.jpg

jnolte
03-22-2006, 07:09 PM
i want some other stuff in CF is he willing?

omeyhomey
03-22-2006, 07:14 PM
yes he is, he wants to do full Benz interiors b/c benz peices are so much easier to do in CF than BMW ones. I wanted to start off with this intake piece first, but yes he will be doing full interiors eventually too. For interior peices the BBCF looks amazing, very high quality.

Renn 208
03-22-2006, 07:31 PM
The resin looks pretty thick, I'm guessing wet layup? Is it appreciably heavier than the same item in plastic?

omeyhomey
03-22-2006, 07:59 PM
nope, he has a secret, definitely not extra resin, not that extra resin would weigh it down much anymore, its all still super light. naw its still CF so the weight difference would be in ounces, which is barely noticable.

trymonlam
03-22-2006, 08:09 PM
awesome. i will be waiting for the interior pieces then.

stox
03-22-2006, 09:33 PM
I would be extremely interested. :cool:

omeyhomey
03-22-2006, 10:22 PM
I will see if i can drop the price down to $250 for the AMG pipe and $400 for a full Carbon fiber system which i think is VERY affordably priced compared to gruppe M's $800-2500 pricetags. anyways I'll try to hook you guys up as much as possible. Al depends on what my CF guy says. ttyl

omeyhomey
03-23-2006, 07:47 AM
Hey guys,

I spoke with my carbon fiber guy and he gave me the thumbs up. It will probably even cheaper than we expect. However, I will need more than 3 votes for it to go through, i need to make sure there are at least 5-10 people for the initial batch. If you guys can rally the troops. I will make the intake.

kauaiC36AMG
03-23-2006, 08:12 AM
Count me in. I'm definitely interested in a replacement CF 3.6 intake, keep me advised. What about top half of the air filter box? Would look great. :bunny:

trymonlam
03-23-2006, 08:21 AM
wow,
i don't own a c36 or else i would jump on this like a fat monkey.
so is this it? do we, club202, finally have someone to answer all our carbon fiber needs?

NISMOPOWERED
03-23-2006, 09:56 AM
As I know it will work on the c280 inline as an upgrade.

jnolte
03-23-2006, 10:27 AM
HWA= Hans Werner Aufrecht

Renn 208
03-23-2006, 10:52 AM
Originally posted by jnolte
HWA= Hans Werner Aufrecht

Good, but wrong thread homeboy

jnolte
03-23-2006, 11:19 AM
Originally posted by Renn 208
Good, but wrong thread homeboy

HAHHAHAA whoops :rolleyes:

omeyhomey
03-23-2006, 12:52 PM
Hello guys,

yes this is for the M104 C280's, C36 AMG, and S320s as well as all other M104's with crossover pipes. Yes if this venture is successful I will also offer full W202 carbon fiber interior kits (Not that stupid trim kits, i mean the REAL THING).

It seems the demand is here and I already discussed it with my Carbon Fiber manufacturer and he said it should not be a problem at all.

As far as the vario intake options I think what we will do is a two stage system.

Stage 1: The 3.6L AMG CF intake peice cross over pipe

Stage 2: 3.6L AMG crossover pipe + Gruppe M style intake.

Realistic pricing will be around $300 for each stage but we will have a special package price (roughly $500-550) if you buy them together. Again, prices are still no where near final and its still in the early stages but I am very excited to produce some products for the W202 (its about damn time somebody did :D ).

Ive been juggling the two different M104 projects (crank pulley and this crossover pipe idea) so I will try and get both of them completed as soon as possible. I would expect them to be availible hopefully within 1-2 months. the hardest part will be finding a C36 AMG piece to make a mold of. Anyone have any ideas?

omeyhomey
03-23-2006, 01:04 PM
I have received emails and suggestions from numerous W202 forum members that have expressed interest in CF hoods and interior peices. Hoods will not be possible until we have established other W202 firsts however we will put the idea on the back burner. W202 interior panels and W202 C36 M104 intake is definitely at the very top of our list. i just need a C36 intake so if anyone knows where we can find one or is generous enough to lend one out that would be much appreciated. thanks again.

~Omey~

mbsickness
03-23-2006, 02:26 PM
Would the crossoverpipe have similar mounting tabs?

jnolte
03-23-2006, 03:21 PM
How about CF door pillars, i bet alot of members would want that

omeyhomey
03-23-2006, 04:38 PM
Originally posted by mbsickness
Would the crossoverpipe have similar mounting tabs?

it would be identical to its AMG counterpart.

benzfan
03-24-2006, 02:32 PM
Something that might be nice is provisions for a heat shield on the underside.

misterblack
03-24-2006, 10:40 PM
very interested in the crossover pipe! will pay asap once pics are available.

will go very well with my gruppe m.

Teyfuss
03-26-2006, 08:59 PM
Count me in!
If you have anything else for the C36, I'll take it too!

202rules
03-26-2006, 10:20 PM
Any chance of bringing the price below $300? I think you will get more buyers with a lower price, and you probably will still be able to make the same amount of money with the higher price and smaller number of buyers. If not more money. I'll be interested if I know I won't have to pay over 300 dollars for the thing. I mean intakes are supposed to be the cheapest $$/hp mods, so how much is this gonna be?

omeyhomey
03-26-2006, 11:20 PM
Originally posted by 202rules
Any chance of bringing the price below $300? I think you will get more buyers with a lower price, and you probably will still be able to make the same amount of money with the higher price and smaller number of buyers. If not more money. I'll be interested if I know I won't have to pay over 300 dollars for the thing. I mean intakes are supposed to be the cheapest $$/hp mods, so how much is this gonna be?

honestly its impossible to tell right now but the ABSOLUTE lowest would be $250 and that would probably be through group buy. Remember you get what you pay for so i'd rather put in the extra effort and make this the nicest CF you can buy instead of just run of the mill CF so it costs extra but lasts much longer and looks much better. I will have to wait and see. I'll let u know.

Teyfuss
03-27-2006, 01:27 PM
Please ask ur guy to also do a full CF interior trim...

misterblack
04-07-2006, 10:53 PM
Any news on this CF intake pipe?

NEA-4311
05-03-2006, 06:51 PM
Im interested in the lids below, I definitely want a pair if he/you can post to Europe (Greece or UK). I can pay through PayPal like most people probably. Definitely let me know. Thanks.

IM REFFERING TO THE WHOLE BOTTOM LID AS WELL ( grey plastic with star), NOT JUST THE LOGO, sorry to forgot to mention it.
http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j137/NEA-4311/fd37c261.jpg
IM REFFERING TO THE WHOLE BOTTOM LID AS WELL ( grey plastic with star), NOT JUST THE LOGO, sorry to forgot to mention it.

omeyhomey
05-03-2006, 06:59 PM
hey guys, i literally cannot find a single C36 pipe anywhere. I may just build my own custom setup out of fiberglass then offer it painted in various OEM colors if anyone would be interesting, that seems like a much easier route than doing the CF c36 pipe, it just isn't going to happen due to lack of availibility. not to mention i could make a high quality fiberglass unit for between $150-250 instead of $300-400 for the CF unit. just a thought.

omeyhomey
05-03-2006, 07:01 PM
Originally posted by NEA-4311
Im interested in the lids below, I definitely want a pair if he/you can post to Europe (Greece or UK). I can pay through PayPal like most people probably. Definitely let me know. Thanks.

http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j137/NEA-4311/fd37c261.jpg

you actually read my mind. Im doing one right now. It wont be a CF peice but it will be a high quality painted AMG panel with clear coat and everything. should turn out really nice, it should be done in 1-2 weeks. hope that helps

trymonlam
05-03-2006, 07:34 PM
so is the interior CF set going to happen or not?

omeyhomey
05-03-2006, 08:33 PM
i'm trying, but due to some complications it may take more time than i expected.

NEA-4311
05-03-2006, 09:32 PM
Originally posted by omeyhomey
you actually read my mind. Im doing one right now. It wont be a CF peice but it will be a high quality painted AMG panel with clear coat and everything. should turn out really nice, it should be done in 1-2 weeks. hope that helps

What do you mean? You will take an oem AMG lid and paint it with a clear coat of just resin, of metallic color, or something else???
Dude if you guy claims that he can do the quality i saw in your first panel you posted (the one with the black border) it will come out perfect! I dont think anyone cares about the black border, especially in the engines lid. Please specify above and pleeeeease consider doing my lids. BTW how much $$ are we talking here? Cheers mate.

Something else to all of you... Imagine a C43's Carbon fiber Engine cover!!! Wet dream IMO.

Proven Guilty
05-04-2006, 06:15 AM
i am 1000000000000% interested in any and all carbon fiber pieces you are willing to do, because i'm am so completely impressed with the quality of work in relation to the first pic; regardless of group buys or not. hell, i'll be the guinea pig even, just let me know what parts you'd like shipped. (unfortunately i do not have a C36/43/55, but just a c23k)

i'm currently out of town on business, and i've had a rental car for 2 months now, so i've been doing some SERIOUS work on my 230k while it's not been my daily driver.

the pieces i'd love to get are intake pipe from the supercharger (maf on up), spark plug cover, interior trim, door sills, and exterior weather stripping (black trim that goes wraps around the front windshield, up the a-pillar, along the roof line, and wraps around the rear window).

i'm also looking for a hood overlay (not necessarily a full replacement carbon fiber hood).

seriously! :D

omeyhomey
05-04-2006, 12:20 PM
I will have to talk to my manufacturer and see what he can do.

Denlasoul
05-04-2006, 01:54 PM
Originally posted by NEA-4311
Something else to all of you... Imagine a C43's Carbon fiber Engine cover!!! Wet dream IMO.

http://thegodfatherinc.com/rotm/DSCF0516.jpg

NISMOPOWERED
05-04-2006, 02:42 PM
So if I give mine up how long would it take, what deal would I get, and how can I make sure that I get at least my old one?
Let me know as no one is driving my C36 right now.

NEA-4311
05-04-2006, 07:34 PM
Come on omeyhomey, People want to know! You asked for it! :D Have you spoken with your man yet? We are wild, cant wait! Summer iZ commin maaaaaaaaaaaN! Tell him to hurry, review our posts and let us know. Thanks bro.

:bunny:Love the Godfathers car, and now its motor too.!:bunny:

Brabus
05-08-2006, 10:58 AM
I would take the CF Crossover pipe for any price under $300.

Tell me more about this CF intake. I'm very interested in that also.

NEA-4311
05-09-2006, 04:54 PM
Dude, seriously, where are you, what happened? Please let us know.

Regards, your friends. :D

slam96c36
05-09-2006, 05:46 PM
cause I am one of them...btw if you are looking for a pipe to do...you can call European Auto, they can find you a piece that doesn't cost you much. I order all most of my stuff thru them..

For example, I just purchased a Cluster for only $400 that's included shipping and everything.

Let me know if you like me to check into this for you..

kauaiC36AMG
07-15-2006, 04:06 PM
I have received emails and suggestions from numerous W202 forum members that have expressed interest in CF hoods and interior peices. Hoods will not be possible until we have established other W202 firsts however we will put the idea on the back burner. W202 interior panels and W202 C36 M104 intake is definitely at the very top of our list. i just need a C36 intake so if anyone knows where we can find one or is generous enough to lend one out that would be much appreciated. thanks again.

~Omey~

My 97C36 crossover pipe needs to be replaced, it has some cracks starting along the back and a small hole where plastic cracked and piece fell out. Tabs are gone. Since I will need a replacement, maybe this can work for you as a mold, but I'll need the carbon fiber replacement ASAP to get me back on the road. If this will work I can ship it to you. But how long will production take, don't want to rent a car for too long.... :bunny:

omeyhomey
07-23-2006, 09:01 AM
due to the super low demand it seems like I won't be doing that for a while. Right now I am furiously trying to get the W202 and other performance lightweight crankshaft pullies done so i can get those to the market first. Intake pipe has taken back seat to the pullies. I will announce once those have been done. thx

kauaiC36AMG
07-23-2006, 05:23 PM
due to the super low demand it seems like I won't be doing that for a while. Right now I am furiously trying to get the W202 and other performance lightweight crankshaft pullies done so i can get those to the market first. Intake pipe has taken back seat to the pullies. I will announce once those have been done. thx

Ordering a new 3.6 cross over tube from Germany on Monday from parts guy in CA. Patched up the old tube with foil tape and seems works ok, now. Might take a couple of weeks to get here. It was a good plan to do the CF one though, thanks for your efforts. :bunny:

mbsickness
07-23-2006, 09:39 PM
Originally posted by kauaiC36AMG
Ordering a new 3.6 cross over tube from Germany on Monday from parts guy in CA. Patched up the old tube with foil tape and seems works ok, now. Might take a couple of weeks to get here. It was a good plan to do the CF one though, thanks for your efforts. :bunny:

Please share how much a new crossover pipe costs. Maybe this will get some others to join in and bump interest.

kauaiC36AMG
07-24-2006, 10:24 AM
Originally posted by mbsickness
Please share how much a new crossover pipe costs. Maybe this will get some others to join in and bump interest.

Current prices for 3.6 tube are $560 (from Mercedes Shop) & $565 (MB Honolulu). Retail $705.60. Part # 104 141 06 04 05 (this is new # that supersedes old #).
There is another part # ending with 07, that Jrwan references in previous post & that part costs $1,000). Supplier unable to tell what the difference is, no pics available from Germany.

Hope this helps the cause.