PDA

View Full Version : explosion

Keren
03-26-2006, 08:43 AM
Wow a while ago i drove to tunbleweed for dinner parked the car and ate and came back out and when i started my 94 c280 i heard a little explosion in my engie and smoke started to rise from my hood... dont kno what the hell it was but i managed to get enough balls to try and start it again and after the engine turned over a few times more than normal it started and it rode fine i even took it over 100mph and it was fine... well 2 weeks later it did it again... I waited a little bit and it turned over a few more times then normal and it started and drives fine... what could this be?

coolin
03-26-2006, 09:55 AM
That's strange. I'd bring that to a dealer asap.

Keren
03-26-2006, 11:13 AM
well my check engine light has been on for some time now it has something to do with emissions or something because the code is P0441 can some one tell me exactly what that code means and what i should do?

when i got the car i was told the check engine light was on b/c something was wrong with my catalytic converter but the guy that checked the code today said that the reason that i had a little explosion could be b/c i had a backfire b/c of that emissions problem.. so can someone tell me what i should do?

jnolte
03-26-2006, 11:30 AM
you cat could be clogged

jnenad16
03-26-2006, 02:46 PM
P0441 Evaporative Emission Control System Incorrect Purge Flow

my guess, stuck open regeneration(MOT) valve. the excess gas fumes entered the intake manifold, and when you started the car, it back fired. but thats just my guess. cant tell you more without inspecting the car.

nenad

Keren
03-26-2006, 05:07 PM
well when i start the car it seems as if i had my foot on the gas because there is a sudden rise in RPMS and then it goes back down... honestly that is the only other thing i can say with out getting it looked at by a pro.. but what you said it does make sense... so what should i do? i was planning on taking all of the cats out in my car and putting a high flow one in there would that take car of my problem? or should i just take it to the stealership and see what they say....

jnenad16
03-26-2006, 07:04 PM
have it inspected by some shop and let us know what they found.

nenad