PDA

View Full Version : ngk iridium AWESOME!!

joboo
03-27-2006, 04:18 PM
OK i finally changed my plugs with NGK Iridium since Denso was not an option in my town. NGK #6341 same as Denso IK16 for my 95 C36. I got a great deal on them too. Anyways when I pulled out the old plugs that were installed by the dealer #2 was finger loose and tons of oil around the plug area and all over the socket-what a mess. The dealer sucks!! So I did it my self in like 30mins and just came back from test drive-WOW let me tell you, I have been missing so much power before I forgot what this car really does. I recommend these plugs to everyone here.

However-when I was changing the plugs I managed to break a couple of these brittle white/yellowish lines that run parallel with the engine. Are these lines important? What are they? The cr so far runs fine without them...

NISMOPOWERED
03-27-2006, 05:25 PM
Keep an eye on your plug wells because it might be a sign that the tube seals are leaking. You can patch the vaccuum lines with rubber ones. Just break off a small piece and find a rubber one that fits tight over it and use it as a patch.

Ashkan's C280
03-27-2006, 06:02 PM
i've been saying ngk is awesome...i have ngk and mag core wires k8.5 and it owns, I am thinking about also getting a voltage stablizer any brands or links anyone?

97C28O
03-27-2006, 07:01 PM
Newbie q': where are the spark plugs located

trymonlam
03-27-2006, 08:25 PM
Originally posted by 97C28O
Newbie q': where are the spark plugs located
whoever doing a plug n wire change should do a write-up so newbies can do this too.

NISMOPOWERED
03-27-2006, 08:38 PM
The coils,plugs, and wires are all located under the plastic cover on the inline engines. You have to remove the cross over pipe. Then remove the allen bolts holding the cover in place. To remove the wires twist them back and forth to break the seal then lift up. On my car the coils also just lifted out of place. On an I6 you have 3 coils and 3 wires. A plug is under each one. Do one at a time so you dont get confused. Be careful of the plastic vaccuum lines that also run under that cover.

97C28O
03-27-2006, 09:09 PM
Originally posted by trymonlam
whoever doing a plug n wire change should do a write-up so newbies can do this too.

Yea please!!

So in my W202 i have 6 spark plugs to change right? i read about the 3 under the coil packs. I would probably open my hood to this weekend to see where it is and maybe get some plugs..

jlomon
03-28-2006, 08:46 AM
Originally posted by 97C28O
Yea please!!

So in my W202 i have 6 spark plugs to change right? i read about the 3 under the coil packs. I would probably open my hood to this weekend to see where it is and maybe get some plugs..

If you're going to do the plugs, you should do the three coil-end connectors as well. They're the long tubes that connect the coil to the spark plug that sits directly under that particular coil. They're a few bucks each, and are a common cause of rough idle on M104 engines.

joboo
03-28-2006, 08:56 AM
But if I change my wires to Magnecor I heard that it eliminates the ignition coils. I may be wrong though?

jlomon
03-28-2006, 09:06 AM
Originally posted by joboo
But if I change my wires to Magnecor I heard that it eliminates the ignition coils. I may be wrong though?

I don't see how that could be. You need the coil to fire the spark that the wire takes down to the spark plug.

Denlasoul
03-28-2006, 09:33 AM
Originally posted by joboo
You still need the colis. Magnecores are a good upgrade. Easy to install and looks great in the engine bay.

edit: I did not notice much difference in the ngk/magnecore wire upgrade. Though I like the way Magnecores plug right in..much easier than the OEM. Plus I learned how to install them myself.

1SIKBNZ
03-28-2006, 02:21 PM
is there anyone in the bay/ sactown area that could help me out puttin in my new magnacors and plugs? id like to learn how but would like some assistance from someone who has done it or knows how to do it. ill kick you some cash for the help and i can travel. thanks in advance!