PDA

View Full Version : Sunroof, front domelight panel, vanity mirror lights all not working?!

FreeStyler
03-28-2006, 02:57 PM
Basically, one day all of a sudden the sunroof was not responding when I was pushing the switch. Then, later that night I realised the front dome light was not working neither were any of the buttons on the front dome light panel. None of the buttons even lit up at night, so i knew there was a problem. Then I noticed that the two vanity lights next to the mirrors did not light up. So basically everything in that area does not work. I did check the fuses and everything was fine, therefore I dont know what the problem is. Anyone can help?

dan

jnenad16
03-28-2006, 03:30 PM
how about the door buzzer, does it work?

nenad

FreeStyler
03-28-2006, 03:36 PM
door buzzer?

jnenad16
03-28-2006, 03:50 PM
yeah, when you open the door, there should be a buzzing sound coming from the dashboard. the door buzzer itself is a relay for all the things that are not working in your car. also, check the fuses again as all of those things you listed are powered through the same fuse.

nenad

FreeStyler
03-29-2006, 01:34 PM
I still dont know what buzzing you are talking about, my car beeps when i get out thats only when i leave the keys in the car or something, other then that i never heard a buzzing sound before. I guess im checking my fuses today again....

thanks
dan

jnolte
03-29-2006, 02:03 PM
Originally posted by FreeStyler
I still dont know what buzzing you are talking about, my car beeps when i get out thats only when i leave the keys in the car or something, other then that i never heard a buzzing sound before. I guess im checking my fuses today again....

thanks
dan

the updated cars beep and the non updated buzz.

jnenad16
03-29-2006, 02:24 PM
my bad, it beeps. sorry, I didnt have an updated model:(

nenad

FreeStyler
03-29-2006, 02:27 PM
Ok checked the fuses again. In my 1998 c230 slot number 9 which uses a 25A fuse is perfectly fine, as an added investigation a replaced the fuse several times with a new and different 25A fuse. However this did not do anything, any other ideas? can a dead bulb cause this problem? anyone?

jnenad16
03-29-2006, 09:06 PM
then its the buzzer, I mean beeper, thats gone bad. also check the door switches.

nenad

FreeStyler
03-30-2006, 08:37 AM
Hmm, well does it have to do with the fact that my IR key battery is going dead? haha....so what do i do about the beeper thing, what do i replace?

im sorry i dont know much........

dan

FreeStyler
03-30-2006, 08:32 PM
this = suck

jnenad16
03-30-2006, 09:12 PM
dan, what year is your 230? I'll see if I can dig up a wiring diagram for your car.

nenad

FreeStyler
03-30-2006, 09:14 PM
1998 c230

FreeStyler
04-04-2006, 10:04 AM
OK just changed all my bulbs to LED conversion....But however still everything in the front top of car not working sunroof, buttons for domelights and sunroof, vanity lights, front dome light. Basically anything that is controlled by the front dome light panel is gone nothing working. All fuses triple checked. Even the dome light buttons dont light up...I must go to a mech. shop i guess....thanks guys:(

Breeeze
04-04-2006, 07:23 PM
I had the same problem. Try "rocking" the key in the ignition lock, with the engine running, but not while you drive, and push the sunroof switch.

I had the switch in the steering lock replaced, now everything works.

Good luck!

FreeStyler
04-05-2006, 12:36 PM
I took out the whole domelight unit and took it apart checked the wires and everything. I found out something interesting, I tested if there was power coming in from the plugs that plug into the board and there were....therefore there is power going into the circuit board of the domelight fixture. NOw i checked if i connected that electricity screwdriver thing to a ground bolt and touched the metal beam that holds the lightbulb and to my surprise they lit up, therefore the domelight fixture has NO GROUND running to it...WHAT DOES THAT MEAN? haha im looking for a dome light fixture to swap out to see if its the problem...

wait there is a ground connected to it because i checked the plug and the ground was working but the ground seems to not be running through the circuit board...

dan