PDA

View Full Version : slamming the doors shut ?

rollinrealbig
04-01-2006, 06:28 PM
this seems to be a problem on almost all W202 ive checked out.

my doors have to be slammed super hard to get em shut - and especially the drivers' door!!!

I dont want to sound like a bitch and cry about how hard it is to close a damn door but its getting ridicules! and everybody who gets in or out of my car gets the door shut on like their second or third try - whats up with this ?

no my 202 hasnt been in an accident where it did any major body damage or anything. passed alighnment test in december 05'.

any way to tweek the doors ? door locks ? lube ?

martattack
04-01-2006, 07:02 PM
Originally posted by rollinrealbig
this seems to be a problem on almost all W202 ive checked out.

my doors have to be slammed super hard to get em shut - and especially the drivers' door!!!

I dont want to sound like a bitch and cry about how hard it is to close a damn door but its getting ridicules! and everybody who gets in or out of my car gets the door shut on like their second or third try - whats up with this ?

no my 202 hasnt been in an accident where it did any major body damage or anything. passed alighnment test in december 05'.

any way to tweek the doors ? door locks ? lube ?

Mine is kinda like that also. I always thought it was because of the air tight seal. It's always easer for me if I leave the sunroof open or windows open.

benzonline
04-01-2006, 10:09 PM
I noticed this aswell...but on every benz I noticed!

With the windows down, closing the door is a breeze....otherwise it needs some force. I dont like it when my passengers slam it but otherwise it wont close.

Try this....when outside I close the door gently to the first click and then apply pressure to it to close fully....especially easy to do with back doors!

jnenad16
04-01-2006, 11:56 PM
all of you need to get an S class with close assist, so you wont have any more problems:D

nenad

Abuimad
04-02-2006, 12:13 AM
God i love close assist doors....can you install them on the 202's or no...cause my friend has a 140 and he installed them on it...

jnenad16
04-02-2006, 03:04 AM
Originally posted by Abuimad
God i love close assist doors....can you install them on the 202's or no...cause my friend has a 140 and he installed them on it...
140 was the first model with close assist.

nenad

rollinrealbig
04-02-2006, 11:48 AM
ok ... any "easier" way to fix this problem ?

ive tried Benzonline's Idea before ... not a good suggestion - I almost put a huge crater into my door.

guess I have to keep slammin them till I sell the car! :rolleyes:

I think ill try to contact an MB dealer ... maybe they know what needs to be replaced. but then agian all they will say is "bring the car in and we will look at it", ".... and charge you $92 per hour"!

1995c280
04-02-2006, 02:54 PM
i had this problem for a long time on all of my doors. try adjusting the loop that the latch from the door snaps over when the door closes. it's located in the door jams with two torks bolts. over time the doors start to sag on every car & they need adjustment. this is what i was told to do from a friend who had a similar problem also. it's basically just trial & error as it will take a few adjustments on each door to get it right again.

Jason

rollinrealbig
04-02-2006, 04:10 PM
Originally posted by 1995c280
i had this problem for a long time on all of my doors. try adjusting the loop that the latch from the door snaps over when the door closes. it's located in the door jams with two torks bolts. over time the doors start to sag on every car & they need adjustment. this is what i was told to do from a friend who had a similar problem also. it's basically just trial & error as it will take a few adjustments on each door to get it right again.

Jason

sounds like a PITA but Ill give it a shot ... since this is the most resonable suggestion. thanks!

benzonline
04-11-2006, 05:19 AM
W140 is my dream benz....the close assist doors are incredible but when they work!!:(

Abuimad
04-11-2006, 05:58 AM
First time i experienced/saw vacumed doors was on a trunk in a cadillac...impressed the hell out of me

rollinrealbig
04-11-2006, 06:47 PM
yea it may be fancy and all ... I think I like the old-school doors, less chances of having things go wrong!

those vacume doors thing is gonna cost like crazy isnt it ?