PDA

View Full Version : Cimate Control Problems?

estrellajon
04-03-2006, 07:20 AM
I have searched regarding A/C problems but did not get an exact hit of my issues on my car. I' m not sure if its a climate control unit issue or something else.

When I turn my A/C on, it starts at 75 degrees eventhough my previous setting was set on LO or cold. I constantly have to turn it to the LO setting. Another issue is the center vent blows semi-cold air but the side vents blow hot air. I'm sure its a valve controlled by the climate control unit. I need to find out if others on this site had similar issues on their 202 cars. If it is the climate control unit, are these rebuildable?

fay31
04-04-2006, 09:15 PM
In a word no, you can't rebuild them, and they are pretty expensive to replace. There are some common problems with these AC units. If you look on mercedesforum.com and search for how to fix c280 ec light staying on I posted a thread that tells you how to replace the two common sensors that go bad and reset the system. I am not suggesting you just start replacing sensors, but you might try resetting the system. If your system has dual climate control turn the driver side to the one I posted in the thread and the passenger to other extreme. I can't remember now which one is set to which but it's in there. Resetting the system may erase some fault code. If the problem comes back then I would look at the sensors and the freon level.