PDA

View Full Version : ECU problem for C200 year 95

ibestriker
04-03-2006, 09:46 PM
Hi all

I have ECU problems in my car C200 year 95. I am looking for ECU (PMS) but don't know where to get new/used ECU.

Any of you have any contact? Any idea how much does it cost for new/used ECU (PMS) ?

For your info my current ECU number: 018 545 1132

Thanks in advance...

jnenad16
04-03-2006, 10:53 PM
just have it rebuilt, its the cheapest way, and works well.

nenad

ibestriker
04-03-2006, 11:09 PM
Originally posted by jnenad16
just have it rebuilt, its the cheapest way, and works well.

nenad

Do you mean, we can have it repaired? Where can get it repaired? Do you u know the contact? :)

How much does it cost?

Cheers..

jnenad16
04-04-2006, 02:41 AM
I dont know where you are, but here in the states, www.directauto.com is the place I get ecu's repaired for my customers. Im sure there is someone in your country that repairs ecu/ecm/pcm or what ever it might be called locally.

nenad

ibestriker
04-04-2006, 02:47 AM
I dont know where you are, but here in the states, www.directauto.com is the place I get ecu's repaired for my customers. Im sure there is someone in your country that repairs ecu/ecm/pcm or what ever it might be called locally.

nenad

Thanks for the info..may i know how much did it cost u for the repair?

I am from Asian...

stox
04-04-2006, 10:24 AM
Get rid of the 110W bulbs first. Then reset the ECU by disconnecting the battery for 15 minutes. I suspect that your problem is due to the ECU running under voltage.

jnenad16
04-04-2006, 11:42 AM
Originally posted by ibestriker
Thanks for the info..may i know how much did it cost u for the repair?

I am from Asian...
here it costs about $300US for repair.

nenad

ibestriker
04-04-2006, 05:22 PM
here it costs about $300US for repair.

nenad

Hi Nenad...

Can we trust the website...it doesn't seem to be a reputable company...there is no contact and address of the company on the website...

But since you have used the service before...I think it can be trusted...how long does it take for them to repair your ECU?

ibestriker
04-04-2006, 05:28 PM
Originally posted by stox
Get rid of the 110W bulbs first. Then reset the ECU by disconnecting the battery for 15 minutes. I suspect that your problem is due to the ECU running under voltage.

But once the ECu is damaged, it will stay damage, even after replacing the 110W with 55W bulbs, right?

But my mechanic said using 110W won't cause any damage to the ECU. He said the only possibility he can see for ECU to damage is, there is a leak on the cover, and cause the water to enter into the ECU...

But I will change the bulbs..thanks.... !! :)