PDA

View Full Version : standing emblem removal

trymonlam
04-04-2006, 09:47 PM
i've done the search and know that i am suppose to turn the base from under the hood counter clockwise for 90 degrees. i tried a few times and it was impossible for it to move. that damn thing just won't budge. so i questioned myself if i had understand the removal the right way.

so under there there's base piece with 2 piece of metal coming out at the bottom looking kinda like this " [ ] ". so are these the stuff i am suppose get a grip of and twist? or is there a trick to it? all comments /suggestions are appreicated.

Renn 208
04-04-2006, 09:50 PM
Use pliers for a better grip. Don't force anything, you're just trying to overcome the spring force.

trymonlam
04-04-2006, 10:02 PM
Originally posted by Renn 208
Use pliers for a better grip. Don't force anything, you're just trying to overcome the spring force.
well, i did use pliers. but then again it sits in a hole which make thes removal harder cause i can't get to it with bigger tools. now that i know i am doing this the right way, i will give it a try again tomorrow morning.

jnenad16
04-05-2006, 12:19 AM
you have to grab it with pliers, pull up a bit and then twist.

nenad

1995c280
04-05-2006, 02:59 AM
grab only one of the ends with pliers and twist hard. it will come free!

Jason

Abuimad
04-05-2006, 06:52 AM
we lost another hood star :( ;)

trymonlam
04-05-2006, 10:55 AM
Originally posted by Abuimad
we lost another hood star :( ;)
not so fast yet. i did had the star removed today, but then i put it back on. now that i know it all works i will now hunt down a flat badge kit.
anyone know of any good place to get a hold of the oem flat badge kit? i don't want the fake stuff. thanks in advance.