PDA

View Full Version : amg exhaust ?

zapcobenz
04-13-2006, 01:36 PM
i just got a amg exhaust for the 280 on ebay, it says that it was a factory option, from the pic it has the 2 chrome amg tip, the muffler looks like the same shape just smaller, for install it looks like it goes after the resinator, i wanted to know if i should take that out, i want some tone but not crazy loud, anybody have this setup?

Pagz
04-13-2006, 02:00 PM
Iv got the same muffler,mine was made for a C280 also.if it does bolt up to your resonator,I would trial it first to test noise then decide on whether or not to remove a resonator!

zapcobenz
04-19-2006, 03:57 AM
so i put the exhaust on the car yesterday and the exhaust tone is the same as stock, wanted to know if anyone has soundclips of an exhaust on the car with no resonator, or can tell me how loud it is, looks good on the car though.

Proven Guilty
05-13-2006, 05:09 AM
this thread turned up from my quick search, so hate to hijack, but need a FAST answer if anyone is able to shed some light!

i have the chance to buy a full c43 AMG exhaust, including resonators, cats, everything from the manifold back.

how plug and play would this be under my '99 c230k in terms of mounting? i automatically assume the hangers, and underbody of the w202 would be identical from car to car, but wondering if anyone can confirm for me.

i've only got a few hours to make up my mind, so got my fingers crossed!

thanks!

1995c280
05-13-2006, 06:30 AM
Originally posted by Proven Guilty
this thread turned up from my quick search, so hate to hijack, but need a FAST answer if anyone is able to shed some light!

i have the chance to buy a full c43 AMG exhaust, including resonators, cats, everything from the manifold back.

how plug and play would this be under my '99 c230k in terms of mounting? i automatically assume the hangers, and underbody of the w202 would be identical from car to car, but wondering if anyone can confirm for me.

i've only got a few hours to make up my mind, so got my fingers crossed!

thanks!

i wouldn't even bother trying to accomplish that tasks. not completely sure about the arrangement of the c230k, but i know the c43 has 4 cats and the rear 2 you can take out cuz there is no sensor after them, but my c280 only has 2 cats side-by-side. also the downpipes only go on the right side of your engine cuz it's a 4 cylinder and the v-8's have one down each side of the engine.

so i know the manifold would be different, larger diameter size on the c43, different hangers aroung the tranny, etc........... when compared to your car.

if you can buy it that cheap i would buy it and then sell it on ebay if i were you!

Jason

Skavuvi
05-13-2006, 12:42 PM
1995c280 is right, I wouldn't get into it. It's probably easier to spend a couple hundred bucks more and get something that bolts right up.