PDA

View Full Version : wanted - others who want Command Nav and Nokia 6310i phone installed ...

98c43amg
07-25-2003, 03:26 PM
...in LI, NY, NJ, Conn, etc...

Hi all,

I recently was put in touch with a guy who goes by the handle of Steve MBenzNL on these MB boards (some of you may know him). He came highly recommended by a member who had Command installed in his C43 AMG [it's what I have too].

Steve seems to travel all over the world installing modern fiber optic based Command navigation systems [+ Nokia 6310i phone + CD Changer] in Mercedes that are a few years old. Soup to nuts, he provides, and does it all.

I'm preparing to buy a complete system from him and to have it installed. However he won't be coming to the US to do the install unless he gets a few more lined up. (makes sense) I believe he'd be staying in Bergen County, and doing the installations there.

So just putting the word out, hoping to gather some interest, since timing matters. He wanted to come to the US at the end of August; and I want him to come and install it in my car asap :D . anyone else interested in joining in and having it done at the same time? [Else have to go the "self-install" route, and have it done by a local customizer -- which isn't bad, but I'd rather have Steve do it]

I don't want to re-quote prices he quoted me since car model and year may factor into the price -- I'll just put you intouch if you're interested. Either reply public or private.

Best Regards

MBATF
07-25-2003, 04:00 PM
yes Steve is our Euro Pimp here at club202 & bnzsport

Most of us met him already at the Bnzsport.com Autofest.

nokia8860
07-25-2003, 04:15 PM
Originally posted by MBATF
yes Steve is our Euro Pimp here at club202 & bnzsport

Most of us met him already at the Bnzsport.com Autofest.

Dont you mean benzsport autofest :bandit:

MBATF
07-25-2003, 04:19 PM
Originally posted by nokia8860
Dont you mean benzsport autofest :bandit: Opps my bad~~~~~~

sf280
07-25-2003, 04:27 PM
Originally posted by MBATF
Opps my bad~~~~~~

yeah, keep it straight!!

Renn 208
07-25-2003, 05:05 PM
Sorry, man, I'm already blessed with Official EuroPimp parts...so not much going on from me. No worries though since he seems to be coming back quite often.

BTW, are you getting the 208 multifunction steering wheel and cluster to match? If so that would be waaaaaaaaay pimp.

98c43amg
07-26-2003, 06:33 AM
errr... hmmm... ummm...
:p

No we didn't discuss it [I also didn't know about it]. Not sure if I'd want it though [ignorance is bliss after all].

Renn 208
07-26-2003, 06:38 AM
Originally posted by 98c43amg
errr... hmmm... ummm...
:p

No we didn't discuss it [I also didn't know about it]. Not sure if I'd want it though [ignorance is bliss after all].

hehe, sorry, don't want to make you completely broke! just ignore what I said...:p

nokia8860
07-26-2003, 08:06 AM
why wait for a group buy? have him ship one over and do it yourself. thats like 90% of the fun. there is a write up on the diagram on the featured article sections

Installtion is 90% of the action (http://www.club202.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=180)

98c43amg
07-26-2003, 03:01 PM
Originally posted by nokia8860
why wait for a group buy? have him ship one over and do it yourself. thats like 90% of the fun. there is a write up on the diagram on the featured article sections

Too much for my little little mind!
:silly:
really though, I'll know in about two weeks or less now if Steve'll be coming over or not. I've already talked to a local customizer who's eager to do it if I give them the chance. But nope, I'm not up for it myself.

best regards

dwang
07-30-2003, 05:42 AM
I've seen this Steve guy in action.... This guy is good. If I were you, I would have him do the install. The W202 install is a little more complicated than other cars since it predates COMAND. It involves installing new brackets, moving stuff around, etc. Steve is the best around at installation. I trust him over my mechanic.

Dave

MBenzNL
07-30-2003, 12:43 PM
Thanks Dave! :o

greetingz,

dwang
07-30-2003, 12:57 PM
Originally posted by MBenzNL
Thanks Dave! :o

greetingz,

BTW, you're welcome to stay at my place again if you visit in August. I still owe you a few things ;) :rolleyes: (I'm bad, I know) Just let me know the dates ahead of time and email me.

Dave

mis-u-jerr
07-30-2003, 11:03 PM
Originally posted by Renn 208
BTW, are you getting the 208 multifunction steering wheel and cluster to match? If so that would be waaaaaaaaay pimp.

Yeah, this is the way to go, you won't get full functionality without it, right?

But it adds quite a bit to the price. Very ballpark prices -
208 Steering wheel - 0- $500
Airbag - $4-600 (?)
Cluster - $200?

I have thought about this (ya, along with everthing else, I know)
but wanna keep my white face AMG gauges. Even the CLK 55 has dark face gauges, I think, right?
~Thanks~

98c43amg
07-31-2003, 12:07 PM
Originally posted by mis-u-jerr
Yeah, this is the way to go, you won't get full functionality without it, right?
I have thought about this (ya, along with everthing else, I know)
but wanna keep my white face AMG gauges. Even the CLK 55 has dark face gauges, I think, right?

I was going to send steve an e-mail asking about this, but you seem to have answered it.

No, I don't want to lose my AMG logo on the steering wheel or speedo either. [that sort of thing really mattered with a Chevelle SS, GTO, etc., when I was young -- I imagine it should still today]

dwang
07-31-2003, 12:13 PM
Originally posted by 98c43amg
I was going to send steve an e-mail asking about this, but you seem to have answered it.

No, I don't want to lose my AMG logo on the steering wheel or speedo either. [that sort of thing really mattered with a Chevelle SS, GTO, etc., when I was young -- I imagine it should still today]

You don't have to if you replace it with AMG W208 parts. To have the multi functional steering wheel and cluster is really cool. The cluster displays the turns right in its display and you can control the COMAND without having to take your hands off the sterring wheel...

Dave

mis-u-jerr
07-31-2003, 03:26 PM
According to Steve on this thread (http://www.club202.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1019)
"(the face of the speedometer is soon to be swapped for an ///AMG one)" so I guess you can swap faces??

Originally posted by dwang
You don't have to if you replace it with AMG W208 parts.
Yeah, that is the one that I thought had dark color faces?
Renn??

Renn 208
07-31-2003, 04:36 PM
yep, it's black, and yep it has the AMG logo