PDA

View Full Version : For those of you thinking of removing rear fog light

Eurosport
07-25-2003, 04:35 PM
just take off the back cover in the trunk, unconnect the cover from the wires and then cut the green wire, then of course insulate it put cover back on and voila all done, no cluster light will come on and no ugly one sided rear fog light comes on :)
thanks to all of you for making me do this mod ;p

Renn 208
07-25-2003, 05:03 PM
you couldn't turn on your front fogs without turning on the rear one before?

Cause both on the '97 210 and the 208, pulling the light switch to the first stop turns on the front fogs and pulling full out to the second stop turns on the rear fog.

Eurosport
07-25-2003, 05:16 PM
ya you right
because on c36
when you pull one, turns on the foglights inside the headlight assembly the 2 closest to the grille
when you pull twice, turns on the lower foglights in the bumper cover and also the one rear so when you wanna use the front lower once always sucks how it looks from the back :)

Renn 208
07-25-2003, 05:38 PM
That does suck! nice mod.

J Irwan
07-25-2003, 08:19 PM
Originally posted by Eurosport
just take off the back cover in the trunk, unconnect the cover from the wires and then cut the green wire, then of course insulate it put cover back on and voila all done, no cluster light will come on and no ugly one sided rear fog light comes on :)
thanks to all of you for making me do this mod ;p

Dude don't cut it..

like I set before grab the black connector with pins in it...

trace the rear foglight one in this case you found it to be green

use a small "flat" screw driver then pry-out the tab a little bit so you can slide out the pin for the rear foglight..

then tape-off that connector with electrical tape.

this way, when you sell you car, just slide that connector right in :p

either way, cut or take the pin out will works.. :D

I have done this since day 1 I own mine.. ;)

Regardz,

Renn 208
07-25-2003, 08:45 PM
Originally posted by J Irwan
Dude don't cut it..

An excellent modding philosophy when it comes to electrical stuffs. I always try my best not to cut any wires or use any splicing whatsoever. Might take more time....but it's sooo much less ghetto.

Eurosport
07-25-2003, 11:08 PM
ghetto fabulous is my middle name ;)

i actually cut it way back still under the regular black insulation thingy, so it's hidden and if i ever want it back i can easily hook it up again np

now who in the heck is going to check a cut wire waaaaay in the back there under so many covers ;p

but it's true it's ghetto hehehe

Renn 208
07-26-2003, 04:45 AM
Originally posted by Eurosport

now who in the heck is going to check a cut wire waaaaay in the back there under so many covers ;p

So true! and that's the other side of things...ain't no one gonna see the extra effort...but hey I know it's there!

Three Point 6
08-03-2003, 08:13 PM
I heard you can piggy-back a wire to the other side on the same bulb in the passenger cluster & just make both sides illuminate so you will have both sides as a rear fog! To me that would be the way to go so I will be able to make people think I am using my brake when they are tailgating me!HAHA