PDA

View Full Version : stock front bumper?

calsonic
04-17-2006, 09:36 PM
Can someone tell me what this is:

http://www.carpartswholesale.com/images/products_large/M230.JPG

It appears to be some kind of version of the stock front bumper but whats up with all the holes? I need to find stock preupdated 97 or older front bumper so I can fit my brabus bumper on my car.
Can someone tell me where i would find this and how much they run for if the one i posted is something else.

BBW
04-18-2006, 12:35 AM
Thats the inside Skeleton of the bumper.

A bumper skin will fit onto that.

calsonic
04-18-2006, 07:04 AM
will using this without the skin be enough for me to put on my brabus front bumper?

714guy
04-18-2006, 08:40 AM
Hey cal I will see which bumper you"ll need when I get home I really sorry for the inconvenice.

Cal that is the correct bumper you need just that no cover. Email once you get it I'll help you install it.

calsonic
04-18-2006, 08:48 AM
No worries man, i know shit happens...No biggy. My bodyshop is going to see if he can get me the real brabus (even though i doubt it), but he does all the cars for wheel power so he might have a hook up. Although, i dont even know if i will have the same problem with the real brabus kit. If that doesnt pan out, then i will probably switch the bumper to make your kit fit.

rollinrealbig
04-18-2006, 02:16 PM
Hey Cal - if you have the updated front bumper ill trade ya for my pre-updated. ?

calsonic
04-18-2006, 03:34 PM
Hm..interesting offer...let me think about. Preferably i rather not trade off the bumper just in case I want to sell the car later but then again, i might just keep the car forever. Let me find out how much getting a new bumper would be and I'll let you know.

calsonic
04-18-2006, 04:03 PM
BTW, the original pick i showed, does anyone know if the bumper comes stock like that or its an aftermarket thing? Would I be able to take the "skin" part of the bumper to make it like that?

714guy
04-18-2006, 05:48 PM
Originally posted by calsonic
No worries man, i know shit happens...No biggy. My bodyshop is going to see if he can get me the real brabus (even though i doubt it), but he does all the cars for wheel power so he might have a hook up. Although, i dont even know if i will have the same problem with the real brabus kit. If that doesnt pan out, then i will probably switch the bumper to make your kit fit.

Thats the exact copy of the real brabus bumper, once i get back my real one you can come by and check it out. You will run into the same problem. I took apart the Updated bumper and have no clue how they fit on the brabus bumper.

714guy
04-18-2006, 05:50 PM
BTW, the original pick i showed, does anyone know if the bumper comes stock like that or its an aftermarket thing? Would I be able to take the "skin" part of the bumper to make it like that?

The preupdated bumper is just like that, Thats all you need, and the chrome molding strips on top. That bumper is composed of two parts the cover, and the support (the picture you linked).

rollinrealbig
04-18-2006, 07:16 PM

yup thats how they come, just that theres an impact strip that covers those big holes your talking about and also chrome strips on top under the headlights.

calsonic
04-18-2006, 07:48 PM
Do you know if the cover is easy to take off or is it like molded on or something to that skeleton part? If I were to take that off and just leave the skeleton, would I be able to put on an aftermarket front bumper over that? In other words, is the skeleton part alone enough to hold my bodykit?

rollinrealbig
04-18-2006, 08:03 PM
Do you know if the cover is easy to take off or is it like molded on or something to that skeleton part? If I were to take that off and just leave the skeleton, would I be able to put on an aftermarket front bumper over that? In other words, is the skeleton part alone enough to hold my bodykit?

ok the impact strip is easy to remove from the inside, now the Brabus bumpers 714Guy sells are fitted right onto the "skeleton".

so basically your replacing your impact strip with the Brabus style am I right ?

calsonic
04-18-2006, 08:04 PM
yup..is that possible?

rollinrealbig
04-18-2006, 08:28 PM
yup..is that possible?

from what I understand yea!

plus ive seen the brabus pieces 714guy selling on his myspace and they look like they replace the impact sstrip and mount right onto the skeleton your talking about - heres a picture im looking at.

http://myspace-892.vo.llnwd.net/00348/29/80/348020892_l.jpg

this bumper has to be my favorite pick! just i dont have the cash to buy one. I might still reconsider and try to go for one.

I had the money to get one like a week ago - but i spent it on my W203.

calsonic
04-18-2006, 08:50 PM
Jason, is this how you tried to put the bumper on the updated c-class? what problems did you have trying to fit it on the updated one? I have a feeling my bodyshop just doesnt want to mess with my car cause he's got bigger clients to do.

714guy
04-19-2006, 11:07 PM
Jason, is this how you tried to put the bumper on the updated c-class? what problems did you have trying to fit it on the updated one? I have a feeling my bodyshop just doesnt want to mess with my car cause he's got bigger clients to do.

I actually pulled off the 98+ bumper and just looked at it. I knew that it wouldn't fit easily.

here are some pictures of the two bumpers, I should've of done this before i sold them. I am Sorry once again. Hope this clears it up. Once you get your preupdated bumper bring it by and I'll put it on and fit for you. And if you want a grill It'll be on me.

Preupdated bumper
http://www.jcomotorsports.com/mycar/bumper/preupdatedbumper.jpg

Updated bumper
http://www.jcomotorsports.com/mycar/bumper/updatedbumper.jpg

Jason

unlimited111
05-03-2006, 10:28 PM
u have any more brabus front bumbers i really want one.