PDA

View Full Version : Help Car Wont Start!!!!!!!

zzDragonzz
04-18-2006, 09:45 PM
Ok I just bought this car yesterday, and everything was fine...just now, being about 9:40pm I go outside to start the car so I can pick up my gf from work, and behold the starter is working fine, but the car wont start up....I hear the usually sound of the starter before the engine fires up, but its not starting!!!! I have to manually put the key back into the position before starting it to make it trying to keep starting by itself!!!!

I've searched and have not found any answers...SOMEONE PLEASE HELP!!!!

98 C280 sport

jnolte
04-18-2006, 10:11 PM
wow, thats horrible, im sorry to hear that. welcome to german car ownership.

Look to the direct left NEXT to the fuse box in the trunk, theres a big fuse back there that regulates fuel into the car, if thats unplugged you could have that problem. happened to me once when i was messing with my car system

zzDragonzz
04-18-2006, 10:47 PM
Ok so i got it to start....i think I was tapping on the fuel pump...is it on the left side (facing front of car) and has two things cylinder shaped w/ a black hose coming out of it? It's wierd bc when i switch the key onto the on position before cranking it, i hear this wierd noise like something turning on...I cant really describe the noise but inside the car it's definately coming from the passenger side of the engine bay area, so that is why i tapped on what I thought to be the fuel pump...I want to try to fix this problem before it gets worse and cost more money.....

anyone?

Rocky
04-19-2006, 11:05 AM
When your car has been sitting fro awhile (like overnight), putting in the key and turning it just before ignition and hearing a sortas muffler mumur sound is normal I think. It does it for a second or 2.

zzDragonzz
04-19-2006, 04:16 PM
its a sort of thump noise, the murmur noise your talking about are you referring the the abs unit? its not that....

jun
04-20-2006, 06:29 AM
i hav those sound too...but its from the trunk..
like the sound of a motor...
it keepz on going for around 2 minz...then it will stop

jnolte
04-20-2006, 11:42 AM
the sound that you hear in the trunk is the vacum pump

jun
04-20-2006, 09:10 PM
but is it suppose to be there for that long??
or is it just around 30sec when startin the car..?

tpliquid
04-24-2006, 10:11 PM
is car starmarked?