PDA

View Full Version : MAF effect Tranny ?

rollinrealbig
04-19-2006, 06:56 PM
hey will the air flow meter effect the tranny in any way ? my RPM's wont go past 3000 for one, so its slow as hell, and tranny feels like its slipping - jerks a little.

my trans. mounts are fine got those checked - the CEL went on, just gotta pull the codes tomaro.

jnolte
04-19-2006, 07:01 PM
yes it can, the trannsmission is controlled by the MAF, well at least i know if is for the 1998+

benzonline
04-19-2006, 07:05 PM
Most definately!

martattack
04-19-2006, 07:15 PM
Sounds like it is in Limp-Home mode. Definitely get those codes pulled for diagnosis

jnolte
04-19-2006, 07:27 PM
Originally posted by BoominBenz
Sounds like it is in Limp-Home mode. Definitely get those codes pulled for diagnosis

defintaly sounds like limp mode, try disconnecting the battery then reconnect and see what happens

rollinrealbig
04-19-2006, 07:32 PM
ok, thanks guys! wheew ... sure hope my tranny isnt on its way out!

yea as soon as the heat started my car just falls apart - the cooling fan wont turn off, im guessing the relay is fried. now the CEL went on today - and acceloration is so weak that i think i may accelorate faster with my door open using my feet like the flintstones!

altho I did put it into 2nd and forced it to redline. that worked but still slow!

ill get my codes pulled, order new cam-cover gasket along with another small gasket, new cooling fan relay, new air flow meter, two new rear tires, iridium plugs, and just pop it on a lift and see whats up underneath.

thanks for your help guys!

NISMOPOWERED
04-19-2006, 10:20 PM
Please dont drive her hard until fixed. The ECU can only compansate so much. Pushing her to redline not running right can cause damage.

rollinrealbig
04-19-2006, 11:08 PM
its not going anywhere.

I can get the OEM parts ordered from my dads shop for alot cheaper and have him bring it home so I can get it fixed up. also the diagnostic scanner is at my house I just didnt have time to work with it today but ill check it out tomaro.

then ill stop by to pop it up on a lift and take a looksie at everything.

rollinrealbig
04-19-2006, 11:12 PM
think ill pick up a bottle of SeaFoem before an oil change as well.