PDA

View Full Version : Climate control buttons do not light up @ night....

CFB7000
07-25-2003, 05:49 PM
This is my 2nd MB... A very nice '97 E320... Love the car except at night, there is no illumination for the HVAC buttons.... could it be a bulb(s) out & if so, what is the best way of fixing it?.

Any help appreciated....

nokia8860
07-25-2003, 09:49 PM
Here is one a few post down. (http://www.club202.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=836) See if you just need to change the bulb.

SLAMMED_C
08-15-2003, 01:21 PM
As long as ur LCD display still works... its the bulb that burnt out.. just use a set of Mercedes radio key to pull out ur climate control.. the bulb is located on the uderside of the unit.. turn the bulb holder half a turn I believe and it will pull out.. then all u need is the replacement bulb.
pop it in, put the holder back into the climate control. pull out ur radio keys and slide the unit back in till it clicks into place... done

jnolte
03-20-2006, 04:07 PM
i am having this same problem so i took out my climate control and took out the bulb. where can i get a replacement? i went to radio shack because i knew they had LED but it was a no go. I also went to Schucks auto supply, no go either. Can i get this bulb at the dealership or where? thansk!

fay31
03-20-2006, 04:19 PM
The bulbs are at the mercedes dealer and are only a dollar or two a piece. BTW you should put a piece of electrical tape on top of the bulb after you put it in. It just keeps it from falling out or twisting out.

jnolte
03-20-2006, 04:53 PM
thanks , i wil report back my findings tommorow

jnolte
03-24-2006, 01:08 AM
okay finaly i went to the dealership to get that bulb.
THey gave it to me for FREE, and it was an super easy install.

Make sure you have the connetors lined up perfectly or it wont glowww.