PDA

View Full Version : WTB: chrome shifter FRAME

nguyenphananh
04-23-2006, 01:57 AM
Hi
Im looking to buy a chrome shift FRAME for my 98 C230. Can you link me to any place selling this?
I look on ebay and found only 1 person selling this. However he said the the chrome frame he has only fit the 202 model made after july 99 with tiptronic tranny. I thought the frames outside should be the same shape for all the 202's (pre and post face lift) ?! Anybody know this information FOR SURE please let me know. Thank you in advance

1995c280
04-23-2006, 06:17 AM
i believe the tip tronic tranny's have 2 locking tabs on the front and 2 on the back of the shifter where the shifter frame locks into. the earlier 202's had 2 on the back(meaning towards cupholder side), 1 on the front(towards ashtray side) , and 1 on the drivers side of the shifter.
(so in other words in locks into place differently)
but super glue will make it work if you really want it that bad, just break the tabs and glue her down, LOL

JOKING!!!!!! (do it the right way)

Jason

Denlasoul
04-23-2006, 10:19 AM
Originally posted by 1995c280

but super glue will make it work if you really want it that bad, just break the tabs and glue her down, LOL
Not a good idea as you need to have access to the shifter if you want to tak apart the center cluster, ie ashtray, radio, hvac.

trymonlam
04-23-2006, 10:30 AM
yeah, look around for a bit more to see what u can find. i am sure someone sells it.
if u absolutely can't find it, i will be heading back to hong kong in late may and back after 3 months. if u can wait that long, i might be able to find one for u.
oh yeah, i've got chrome AC vent covers for sale right now if u want it. it's new.

nguyenphananh
04-23-2006, 12:01 PM
Thank you every one...I will have to dig around some more. I infact I bought one from that website from singapore (Autoblz.com). In the advertise pictures, it was the correct part, right shape, right size... but the one the sent me (took more than 3 weeks to arrive) was totally different: it was a tag on (not replacement), and it was FLAT, not slanded on the side, shape of the original. Consequently, I couldnt even tape it on with the 3M double sides tape. When I contact them, ofcourse they denied everything, and said that their parts always fit perfect. Oh well, my search goes on....

trymonlam
04-23-2006, 02:35 PM
autoblz got a account here. u might want to contact him directly over club202 and see if the 2 of u can arrange some type of resolution. i just hate to see a fellow club202er got jacked on something like this by another club202er.

benzonline
04-23-2006, 07:48 PM
EBAY EBAY EBAY

http://www.freewebs.com/c230k/100_0154.jpg

nguyenphananh
04-23-2006, 09:52 PM
Hi
First, let me take time to thank you all for the support. By any chance you can tell me what's their account here on this forum? what is his nick? how should I contact him? I already sent the same messages (with attached pictures) TWICE the 3 different acounts:

2s to Yelli Ho (I beleive he from Canada): never heard anything from him
2s to cust service: never heard from them
2s to Andri (believe to be cust service from singapore): he promptly answered me (and very polite) but claim that the part must be right, and must fit perfectly.

Im including the picture of the part here for you guy to see
Anyway, tired of all the B.S, I went ahead searching and try to buy from this gentlement on ebay (I bought from him before). I took time to search, and warn me that his part might not fit (for post 7/99 model) my car. Im crossing fingers hopefully it will work out with this gentlement....

uup....I dont know how to attach picture here :(

dshenberger
04-24-2006, 04:12 AM
Hey Benzonline,
How do you have your ipod connected?

benzonline
04-25-2006, 09:58 AM
Ipod goes through the tape deck for now.

http://www.freewebs.com/c230k/100_0153.jpg