PDA

View Full Version : do you have squeeeky power steering?

kowalski
04-24-2006, 01:53 AM
hi to you all. i wan't to ask you if any of you have squeeking sound when you turn the steering wheel to the right to the end? this only happens when i put it in reverse and have to drive it backwards and at the same time turning the wheel to the right,power steering makes a sound? is this normal? By the way the car don't have the right work temperature yet, meaning starting from cold driving out from my garage in (Reverse) then turning the wheel to the right to maximum end on steering wheel. :rolleyes:

1995c280
04-24-2006, 03:00 AM
add some p/s fluid. most likely you level will be low. if the noise goes away after the car's warmed up then probably nothing is broken/wrong just low fluid. top it off and check the reservoir for leaks.

Jason

kowalski
04-24-2006, 04:09 AM
Originally posted by 1995c280
add some p/s fluid. most likely you level will be low. if the noise goes away after the car's warmed up then probably nothing is broken/wrong just low fluid. top it off and check the reservoir for leaks.

Jason

hey man i did put some fluid in the container but,the sound still appears sometimes, it sounds like a blow instrument when the sound comes on

1995c280
04-24-2006, 01:09 PM
sounds like the filter in the p/s reservoir is bad. we get those complaints all the time and we just replaced the whole reservoir because the filter is part of it. it's not like the 104 engine where the filter was seperate. the p/s pumps rarely ever go bad on the 112 and 113 engine!

what engine and year/model is your car?

Jason

davis449
04-24-2006, 01:13 PM
I have the same thing you are describing and it's not the pump. It comes from INSIDE the car, right?

kowalski
04-24-2006, 09:33 PM
Originally posted by davis449
I have the same thing you are describing and it's not the pump. It comes from INSIDE the car, right?

only when i put it in R and out from my garage then turning max to the end with the steering wheel it squeeks, i can hear it in my car

jnenad16
04-24-2006, 09:53 PM
you will hear the whining sound every time you max out the pump pressure.

nenad

davis449
04-25-2006, 07:13 AM
Originally posted by jnenad16
you will hear the whining sound every time you max out the pump pressure.

nenad

He's not referring to a whining sound from lock to lock I don't think. It's a squeking sound, very small, you have to turn down the radio to hear it, but it's there.

lewda
04-25-2006, 10:17 AM
do the 202's steering wheels have brushes on them like the 201's etc...for the contacts for the horns and such? if so, it could be those making noise, when i had my 201, those things freakin made all kindsa noise, just took the wheel off and cleaned it up abit, went away

1995c280
04-25-2006, 01:01 PM
Originally posted by lewda
do the 202's steering wheels have brushes on them like the 201's etc...for the contacts for the horns and such? if so, it could be those making noise, when i had my 201, those things freakin made all kindsa noise, just took the wheel off and cleaned it up abit, went away

yeah i remember the 202 clocksprings making squeeking noises alot. turn your wheel lock to lock back and forth a few times and listen for the squeek. i remember now that mine did that a few years ago!

Jason