PDA

View Full Version : weired clicking sound from inside the cabin...

BBB DRAGZ
04-27-2006, 01:12 AM
Hi guys

I got a bit of a problem with my car. Sometimes my car has a weird clicking sound coming from inside the cabin.
The sound seems to be coming from the passenger side where the feet are on the side wall closest to the driver.
It makes random clicking and stops and goes randomly.
This noise only comes sometimes and it might happen once a month or once a week. It’s weird because its just so random but so annoying.

Anyone know what’s going on?

Is the ECU or something maybe located in that spot?

I haven’t looked behind the carpet to see what it is but think i might have to unless someone can shed some light.

Thanks

Dragz

tpliquid
04-27-2006, 08:33 AM
check for abroginial people in the back.

whitec230k
04-27-2006, 11:01 AM
Originally posted by BBB DRAGZ
Hi guys

I got a bit of a problem with my car. Sometimes my car has a weird clicking sound coming from inside the cabin.
The sound seems to be coming from the passenger side where the feet are on the side wall closest to the driver.
It makes random clicking and stops and goes randomly.
This noise only comes sometimes and it might happen once a month or once a week. It’s weird because its just so random but so annoying.

Anyone know what’s going on?

Is the ECU or something maybe located in that spot?

I haven’t looked behind the carpet to see what it is but think i might have to unless someone can shed some light.

Thanks

Dragz

i got the same problem. I thought it was my side skirt first but i can;t figure it what it is. Its getting really annoying. The faster i go the more clicking there is.

sacc230
04-27-2006, 01:16 PM
same thing happened to me it hasnt done it for a while but i hope it doesnt start again cause its annoying!

Pagz
04-27-2006, 04:18 PM
this is most likely your evapourative emission valve...the solinoid flicks on and off randomly and a quik rate to regulate the amount of fuel vapour in your fuel tank,it is located on a rubber mount infront of your washer bottle,I think all 202 have the same issue.

1995c280
04-27-2006, 06:24 PM
also know as the "purge valve". it is amazing how many ppl come into our shop and complain about this. when we tell them its normal they get pissed because they can't stand the noise.

the 210's had the loudest noise from the valve. i think it was louder than any other benz!

Jason

Pagz
04-27-2006, 08:16 PM
Yip....this must be close to the 17839849406084849th time this has been asked on here!...maybe we should sticky it to the Club 202 banner:D

BBB DRAGZ
04-28-2006, 12:44 AM
ahh so thats what it is...

thanks for the info guys. looks like il just have to put up wit it. :(

whitec230k
04-28-2006, 11:20 AM
maaaaaaaaaaaaan

ricerokets4life
04-28-2006, 02:08 PM
I had the same thing but I was told it had to do with the Blower Motor of the climate control system.

whitec230k, please check your inbox!

trueog
04-30-2006, 08:16 PM
Originally posted by tpliquid
check for abroginial people in the back.

Why would you make a racist comment like that? It has nothing to do with the question, and it has nothing to do with mercedes. I don't belong to that group of people, but I guess mercedes are only for rich white people with beer guts? grow up.

jnolte
04-30-2006, 10:11 PM
Originally posted by trueog
Why would you make a racist comment like that? It has nothing to do with the question, and it has nothing to do with mercedes. I don't belong to that group of people, but I guess mercedes are only for rich white people with beer guts? grow up.

trueog? truenoob

jnenad16
04-30-2006, 10:12 PM
Why would you make a racist comment like that? It has nothing to do with the question, and it has nothing to do with mercedes. I don't belong to that group of people, but I guess mercedes are only for rich white people with beer guts? grow up. I guess you dont know tp.

nenad

trueog
05-01-2006, 07:23 PM
Originally posted by jnenad16
I guess you dont know tp.

nenad

Why is he an open and proud, free the white man of colored skin racist operator of this site? Well he got the part of driving a german car right, but not the part of his people's car being a VW Bug....

whitec230k
05-01-2006, 07:47 PM
lol funny how these topics change one to another............

ANYWAYS back to the clicking sound

trymonlam
05-01-2006, 08:30 PM
trueog,
tp's been that way forever on this board. he's a kid with a merc and he says rather improper things from time to time. read his posts and you would know.
just ignore the random not-so-constructive comment that he makes. i guess some day maturity would come in some way, shape or form. we all know respect goes a long way, and i am sure tp understand that as well.

jnenad16
05-01-2006, 08:34 PM
Why is he an open and proud, free the white man of colored skin racist operator of this site? Well he got the part of driving a german car right, but not the part of his people's car being a VW Bug....
First off, Im not trying to argue with you or defend him, but in the last 2 years on this and other forums where tpliquid and I are members, I have learned the following about him:
-he is asian, yet he hates asians.
-he likes guns, but he is against them in california.
-he says he likes penis, even though I dont think he is gay.

these are just a few things about tpliquid I can recall.

nenad

trueog
05-02-2006, 09:06 AM
Originally posted by jnenad16
First off, Im not trying to argue with you or defend him, but in the last 2 years on this and other forums where tpliquid and I are members, I have learned the following about him:
-he is asian, yet he hates asians.
-he likes guns, but he is against them in california.
-he says he likes penis, even though I dont think he is gay.

these are just a few things about tpliquid I can recall.

nenad

Well that write up just proved he's a loser. I hope he opens his mouth and gets shot in cali...lol..alrite i'll stop being stereotypical also...