PDA

View Full Version : Dustless Brake Pads?

Kw202
04-27-2006, 09:17 PM
Does anyone know a good brake pad that doesn't give off a lot of dust? I need to replace mine and am tired of cleaning my wheels after each drive I make. Thanks in advance--

Kevin

benzaddict
04-27-2006, 09:36 PM
PBR Ultimate Ceramic

jnenad16
04-27-2006, 10:12 PM
hawk hps are virtually dustless, but they dont brake so good when cold.

nenad

Luwin1026
04-27-2006, 11:06 PM
I liked Porterfield R4S -

dshenberger
04-28-2006, 03:23 AM
I am running Akebono Euro's on Powerslot rotors and have not noticed any dust.

!!!!!NJ Drive
04-28-2006, 02:07 PM
i just bought Axxis Deluxe Plus pads...a little more rotor friendly then ceramic

OCKlasse
04-29-2006, 10:35 PM
I have heard that ceramic pads make noise like no other, is this true?

jnenad16
04-30-2006, 01:37 AM
Originally posted by OCKlasse
I have heard that ceramic pads make noise like no other, is this true?
when used on worn rotors, yes.

nenad

nguyenphananh
05-03-2006, 09:50 AM
Hi
is it PBR Deluxe pads and Axxis Deluxe Plus pads the same or 2 different types? I found lots of place on the net selling the PBR, but not many sell the Axxis...PLease let me know. Thank you

!!!!!NJ Drive
05-03-2006, 01:38 PM
Originally posted by nguyenphananh
Hi
is it PBR Deluxe pads and Axxis Deluxe Plus pads the same or 2 different types? I found lots of place on the net selling the PBR, but not many sell the Axxis...PLease let me know. Thank you same company...PBR/Axxis/Repco all the same, but i dont know if there is a difference between the Deluxe (PBR) & the Deluxe Plus (Axxis) pads

Hotbasco
05-03-2006, 04:51 PM
Axxis. Some dust and good braking qualities. The harder you go (less dust) but more squeal.

c280nz
05-04-2006, 12:29 AM
i am using ebc greenstuffs and they are low dust with reasonable braking

jnenad16
05-04-2006, 01:05 AM
Originally posted by c280nz
i am using ebc greenstuffs and they are low dust with reasonable braking
I had greenstuff on my C280, and I have no complaints.

nenad

OCKlasse
05-07-2006, 12:04 PM
Originally posted by jnenad16
when used on worn rotors, yes.

Worn as in old rotors, or rotors after some prolonged driving? I am in need of a rotor replacement and I am looking into drilled Brembos. So if I use Ceramic pads on new rotos, noise should not be an issue? Would it be a matter of time before the noise starts to become one? My new SLK55 wheels are far quicker to succumb to brake dust thank my Monos, so I am hoping Ceramic is the way to go. Thanks Nenad, I ask because I know you know ;)

jnenad16
05-07-2006, 05:43 PM
Originally posted by OCKlasse
Worn as in old rotors, or rotors after some prolonged driving? I am in need of a rotor replacement and I am looking into drilled Brembos. So if I use Ceramic pads on new rotos, noise should not be an issue? Would it be a matter of time before the noise starts to become one? My new SLK55 wheels are far quicker to succumb to brake dust thank my Monos, so I am hoping Ceramic is the way to go. Thanks Nenad, I ask because I know you know ;)
by worn rotors I mean those that have quite a lip on the edges and the surface is uneven. as for the noise, the ceramics claim to be silent, I never used any ceramics on my cars yet, but I know that they were quite noisy on one of my customers cars, but he had old rotors, so my guess is that was the cause. my suggestion is to use disk quiet gel on the backing of the new pads, that way most vibrations that would normally cause squeals would get quenched.

nenad

OCKlasse
05-07-2006, 09:32 PM
Originally posted by dshenberger
I am running Akebono Euro's on Powerslot rotors and have not noticed any dust.

I am looking into these brake pads, and I was wondering the diff between these Euro pads and the Akebono ProACT pads ($35 less). Both are ceramic, are the Euro pads just the better ones to get? :confused: