PDA

View Full Version : Need Help Again

kjf1234
04-28-2006, 06:36 AM
Well guys i replaced my MAF as was mentioned by many on this board and reset my battey for about 2 mins. bit of history i was getting my check engine light on and my low gas and reserve light were flashing everyonce in a while . replaced the air filter just as a precaution as well as the gas cap cheap replacements.

the code i kept getting was fuel trim bank 1 error . Anyways replaced the MAF 3 days ago and reset the battery for about 2 mins turned the car back on everything looked good but since then the cars drives funny . when i hit the gas its very hard on the gear shits strong jerks and as i accelerate it does the same on 3rd and so forth . as soon as i press the gas it speeds up a litttle then seemes to loos power and then good again. not sure whats wrong. The BOSCH part number on the New MAF is exactly the same as the old one . any ideas. did i need to leave the battery unplugged longer .

The Code i was getting was P0170

1995c280
04-29-2006, 03:01 AM
when you change your MAF sensor you need to clear the codes and also need to reset your self-adaptations and learn the throttle valve stop. you already cleared your codes (the easy way) by dissconnecting the battery. i would clear it again to get rid of the fuel trim malfunction and then right after you connect the battery back up do the following...to do the rest of the sh*t. turn you key to position 2. key all the way on but engine off and leave it like that for 2-3 minutes. this will reset the throttle valve and all the rest. this is the shortcut way to do all this so you don't have to go to the dealer and pay them and as*load of $$$$$$$$$

Jason

kjf1234
05-01-2006, 05:55 AM
Will try it today when i get back home. THANK YOU Jason !! will get back t0 you of how it goes

kjf1234
05-02-2006, 06:37 AM
ok so i unplugged the battery, and left the key on position 2 for about 5 mins, and then turned the car on . it was fine for a while still felt the car stutter a bit when i hit the gas today morning on the way into work about 60km the check engine light came on and the low gas indicator started blinking.

however I would like to point out that it dosent stutter as hard as it did first. Any ideas as to what it could be

Thanks for all the help

1995c280
05-02-2006, 01:47 PM
if your check engine light came on again, you will probably have the same code with the fuel malfunction but that could be many things. fuel pump, fuel filter, o2 sensor, ecu....the lists is pretty much endless. take it in to a indy shop and have them check it out for you. that would be my advice

if i recall right, most of the time i see that code, 1 of the o2's is usually the case or part of the problem!

Jason

kjf1234
05-03-2006, 06:59 AM
Thanks a lot jason will do. Will let you know what they find.

kjf1234
05-16-2006, 10:47 AM
Hey well i too the car to the MB dealer here are the codes i got.

DTC CODE READOUTS CODE P0105 PRESSURE SENSOR, PO410, SECONDARY AIR INJECTION, P0455 PURGE SYSTEM MAJOR LEAK, P0170 SELF ADAPTION.

WHAT WAS DONE WAS - FOUND VACUME LINE TO SWITCH OVER VALVE CRACKED AND BROKEN, REPLACE VACUME LINE, ERACSE CODES AND ROADTEST.

All this was done on friday. the light came on again on monday morning. and the car still drives really rough and when the engine is warm runs for the most part fine with a few rough spot but when i start it up in the morning it is really rough and Jerks like crazy .

Any Ideas.

Proven Guilty
05-16-2006, 01:17 PM
i was having the exact same symptoms (but i didn't get into diagnosing the code).

i replaced the o2 sensors, and fuel filter, worked like a charm.

start with fuel filter, they're quite inexpensive; and worst case scenario; if it didn't solve the problem, they need to be changed after 70k miles imo anyway ;)

you can actually test O2 sensors with a multimeter as well. a google search can give you simple how-to

edit: just thought of something else. if your car is a C230K, inspect the I.C. for damage/leaks. be sure to also check the belt for the supercharger.

also, do you use K&N air filters? they can often foul out a MAF if you've recently serviced the filter (over saturating oil is all too easy to do on accident). even brand new sensors.

kjf1234
05-16-2006, 01:42 PM
Hey there i do have a C230K what is a I.C. not familiar with that term. i did replace my MAF and Air Filter . but they are both stock parts . where is the Fuel filter located and what do i need to remove it tools wise. Also where is the 02 sensor located if i need to change that.

Thankf for all the help
Kev