PDA

View Full Version : Interior electrical problems....

zzDragonzz
04-28-2006, 10:05 PM
yes, yes I know, my car is full of bugs, I'm just sorting them out in relevance of importance.

Car: 98 C280 Sport

Problems:

I don't know why, but when I first bought the car, the windows would automatically roll down if I pushed the swiitch down far enough (click sound), but recently, only one would roll down automatically the rear left window, and the other ones I'd have to hold it to get it to roll down all the way, but if I push too much (the auto switch part) it would stop till pressure is released. I dont know why it does this now and I've checked all the fuses and they are fine (front and rear fuses), so if anyone has had this problem and aleviated it please let me know.

2. When I use the open door lighting feature so when I open the doors the front and rear interior lights come on fine, but when I close the door, only the front lights dim out, and the rear stay on...This is very annoying since I have to disable this feature when I exit my car, but when I'm in the car I just turn off the rear light manually. Don't know the cause, not that big of an issue, but would like to get it solved if anyone knows any info.

Sorry to put so many problems, but I like everyting to be perfect on/in my car ...thanks again

OH yea, for those that know about my previous car shut off problem I finally fixed it, was so happy, me and my gf just sat in the car talking about stuff, then I told her the only reason I bought the car was for the steering wheel, and she said OMG!!@@ HAHA I started cracking up, it's really nice steering wheel though.

benzonline
04-28-2006, 10:23 PM
The steering wheel? You serious? Well it is nice and feels right.

The window problem, has your battery been recently disconnected? If so, its a simple procedure of resetting the windows (do a search).

1995c280
04-28-2006, 11:37 PM
Originally posted by zzDragonzz
yes, yes I know, my car is full of bugs, I'm just sorting them out in relevance of importance.

Car: 98 C280 Sport

Problems:

I don't know why, but when I first bought the car, the windows would automatically roll down if I pushed the swiitch down far enough (click sound), but recently, only one would roll down automatically the rear left window, and the other ones I'd have to hold it to get it to roll down all the way, but if I push too much (the auto switch part) it would stop till pressure is released. I dont know why it does this now and I've checked all the fuses and they are fine (front and rear fuses), so if anyone has had this problem and aleviated it please let me know.

2. When I use the open door lighting feature so when I open the doors the front and rear interior lights come on fine, but when I close the door, only the front lights dim out, and the rear stay on...This is very annoying since I have to disable this feature when I exit my car, but when I'm in the car I just turn off the rear light manually. Don't know the cause, not that big of an issue, but would like to get it solved if anyone knows any info.

Sorry to put so many problems, but I like everyting to be perfect on/in my car ...thanks again

OH yea, for those that know about my previous car shut off problem I finally fixed it, was so happy, me and my gf just sat in the car talking about stuff, then I told her the only reason I bought the car was for the steering wheel, and she said OMG!!@@ HAHA I started cracking up, it's really nice steering wheel though.

for your window problem, just re-synch the windows. hold the window button in the up position slightly (do not depress all the way). hold like this until the window closes fully and keep holding for like 2-3 seconds and you will hear a soft clicking noise confirming that it has been synched. start with driver window then move onto any other window until all are done. next you need to synch the sunroof. push sunroof button in the up position (tilt up only) and hold for 2-3 seconds until you hear the click. that's it, your all done

with the dome light. at the back of your overhead control unit on the headliner, hit the rear domelight button once. i think you may have the button turned on and activated, leaving it on at all times. you should be good to go then!!!!!

Jason

zzDragonzz
04-29-2006, 12:16 AM
thanks so much Jason, I will try this first thing...oh yea and I dont have a sunroof hahah, but thanks for the info bro

take care,

Su

Abuimad
04-29-2006, 02:08 AM
I told her the only reason I bought the car was for the steering wheel, and she said OMG!!@@ HAHA I started cracking up, it's really nice steering wheel though.

looool....what kind of steering wheel do you have ? because as much as a like my car...i dont think all that of my steering wheel lol

zzDragonzz
04-29-2006, 07:48 AM
its the stock 98' c280 sport steering wheels....it's sexxxy haha...

Denlasoul
04-29-2006, 08:52 AM
Both of your situations are described in your Owner's Manual. Did you ever find the Repair Manual?

trymonlam
04-29-2006, 08:55 AM
how's your steering wheel holding up? quite a few of us got somewhat worn out leather on the wheel itself.

zzDragonzz
04-29-2006, 02:05 PM
Mine is in excellent condition, yea I just found those things in the owners manual but appreciate all the help from this site, you guys are awesome!!! as far as repair manual I was looking for a really detailed one like the hayes ones or something alont that line, do you know where to purchase one? I went to the site booksforcars or whatever but didnt know the exact one to purchase and cant even see anytiung of the book so kinda skeptical on which one to buy if to buy at all....well have a good weekend guys I'm going to wash my car and detail it and maybe take some better pics for you guys to see the condition of it, it's pretty much stock, except its black on black and has the eibach springs on it, so it's lowered a bit and has the 99 sport wheels.....

martattack
04-29-2006, 02:23 PM

What did the problem end up being?

Martin

zzDragonzz
04-29-2006, 03:36 PM
crank position sensor...When people just throw answers at a question w/o backing it up, I'm kinda hesitant to research the problem untill I found on my own that this issue was temperature related then I took the initiative, but thanks to everyone that helped.....