PDA

View Full Version : whining sound

kowalski
05-02-2006, 01:52 AM
as i wrote in a previous thread about weird sound on my car, i didn't get any response so i'll try again. when i step on the gaspedal at high speed i get a weird sound it's whining as a kompressor sound i think>? it's kind of anoing, i pimped my car with a avantgarde grill not the oem one,this one is missing the dirt caps on each side could it be this making weird sound?

i had my car for oil change in the transmission 722,6 C43 AMG at the stealership, shifting is good now on this transmission, could a low oil level make the transmission whine at high speed? it is sealed so i can't check the oil level this is driving me crazy not knowing what's wrong.:bored:

Vodka G
05-02-2006, 09:07 AM
i know the sound that you are talking about.....and it goes away sometimes rite??

i had that same sound after getting a new fan and hood(someone backed into me)...couldnt figure out why but the car ran fine so........

jnolte
05-02-2006, 11:52 AM
the whining sound? thats me and your girl in the back seat!

kowalski
05-02-2006, 09:36 PM
Originally posted by jnolte
the whining sound? thats me and your girl in the back seat!

blow me:bunny:

kowalski
05-02-2006, 09:47 PM
Originally posted by Vodka G
i know the sound that you are talking about.....and it goes away sometimes rite??

i had that same sound after getting a new fan and hood(someone backed into me)...couldnt figure out why but the car ran fine so........

if i drive normally i don't hear the sound i think? i have to testdrive it,as you said it comes and goes away:rolleyes:

jnenad16
05-03-2006, 12:03 AM
Originally posted by kowalski
blow me:bunny:
GIRLFIGHT!!!!! :D j/p :p

nenad

kowalski
05-03-2006, 01:25 AM
Originally posted by jnenad16
GIRLFIGHT!!!!! :D j/p :p

nenad

where are you from??????????? SRBIA ?????????

yeahhh i guess u r the crapmaster

rollinrealbig
05-03-2006, 02:27 PM
WoW you guys break it up!

guy needs help with 202, not any internet trash talk, Jnolte is always making jokes, so dont take it personally!

sheeesh!

ricerokets4life
05-03-2006, 02:37 PM
Is it more distinct in colder weather (the whining sound, that is)? Does it seem to increase in frequency as you increase your engine speed while driving?

jnolte
05-03-2006, 02:44 PM
if you installed anysound components latley could be alternator whine

kowalski
05-03-2006, 09:36 PM
Originally posted by rollinrealbig
WoW you guys break it up!

guy needs help with 202, not any internet trash talk, Jnolte is always making jokes, so dont take it personally!

sheeesh!

i know it was a joke that's why i told him to blow me:cool:

well i don't know what to say about the whining sound it's anoying it must be from the fake avantgarde grill!!!!!!!!

or something is loose in the engine compartment??????

i had my air filters replaced last year could it be those plasic hoses for the filters? or anything else???????:confused:

jnenad16
05-03-2006, 09:42 PM
where are you from??????????? SRBIA ?????????

yeahhh i guess u r the crapmaster
thats right , I am from Srbia, and yes I am the crap master, after all, its in my signature.:D
btw, where are you from?

nenad

rollinrealbig
05-03-2006, 09:52 PM
i know it was a joke that's why i told him to blow me:cool:

well i don't know what to say about the whining sound it's anoying it must be from the fake avantgarde grill!!!!!!!!

or something is loose in the engine compartment??????

i had my air filters replaced last year could it be those plasic hoses for the filters? or anything else???????:confused:

I have the same replica grill installed, never had any whining problems, maybe my music is up too high LoL

can it be your A/C compressor ? mines all leaking and might be making that noise but I have my music up so i aint trippin.

I dont use A/C much since my windows are always dropped.

kowalski
05-04-2006, 01:47 AM
I have the same replica grill installed, never had any whining problems, maybe my music is up too high LoL

can it be your A/C compressor ? mines all leaking and might be making that noise but I have my music up so i aint trippin.

I dont use A/C much since my windows are always dropped.

if it's not the grill i wonder what it could be? any hoses?

rollinrealbig
05-04-2006, 05:24 PM
if it's not the grill i wonder what it could be? any hoses?

honeslty I just dont understand how a grill insert would make whining sounds ? I can understand rattling sound if its about to fall off but whining ?

rollinrealbig
05-04-2006, 05:25 PM
but if you want to know if the grill is making that sound - replace your stock one and see what that gives you (besides ugly front end LoL)

kowalski
05-07-2006, 11:09 PM
but if you want to know if the grill is making that sound - replace your stock one and see what that gives you (besides ugly front end LoL)

hey man now i know i tested the car but without the dust shields
and the whining is speed related sometimes i hear the whining sound sometimes i don't.

for a example standing still at a redlight made a fast start i culd hear the whining at every gear when the gearbox shifted fast