PDA

View Full Version : sport package suspension vs. aftermarket

calsonic
05-02-2006, 12:24 PM
Anyone have any idea of how good the stock sport package shocks are compared to any of the aftermarket ones like koni or bilstein? Planning to slam my ride and wondering if the sport package shocks would be anywhere close to the aftermarket ones in stiffness and stability.

calsonic
05-02-2006, 12:34 PM
also...is there a difference between shocks for sport package and non sport package w202's?

Pagz
05-02-2006, 01:20 PM
I had the sport package,kinda comparible to the handling of big fluffy couch on mono hull boat....

if your lowering and are after alittle more handling and possibly more comfort go aftermarket for sure man...

calsonic
05-02-2006, 01:48 PM
I want to but I was interested in the koni suspension kit but it says that the fitment excludes sport packaged w202's. Does that mean there is a difference in the shocks for sport package and non-sport package w202s?

Skavuvi
05-09-2006, 07:43 AM
If you're going aftermarket, there is no difference in the suspension. If you have a sport wit the sport suspension, you should be able to slap on some aftermarket for a non-sport.

There is a definite difference between the sport and aftermarket. If you're going to slam it, go with the H&R Cup Kit.