PDA

View Full Version : Bosch Icon wiper

audiophile
05-02-2006, 05:37 PM
i needed to replace my wiper so i went to the autozone and noticed that i liked the way the bracketless wipers look. any of you that have the w203 or others know what i'm talking about.
anyways i ordered it through amazon.com and it was pretty expensive $28.00 w/s&h.:mad:

i put it on today and it works great, it's way quiter than the older style wipers. i would reccomend if you want to spend that much on a wiper.;)

jnolte
05-02-2006, 05:38 PM
Originally posted by audiophile
i needed to replace my wiper so i went to the autozone and noticed that i liked the way the bracketless wipers look. any of you that have the w203 or others know what i'm talking about.
anyways i ordered it through amazon.com and it was pretty expensive $28.00 w/s&h.:mad:

i put it on today and it works great, it's way quiter than the older style wipers. i would reccomend if you want to spend that much on a wiper.;)

let see a pic man

audiophile
05-02-2006, 05:39 PM
sory no camera:(

audiophile
05-02-2006, 05:41 PM
heres the link

http://www.boschusa.com/AutoParts/WiperBlades/ICON/#

!!!!!NJ Drive
05-05-2006, 01:40 PM
Originally posted by audiophile

i put it on today and it works great, it's way quiter than the older style wipers. i would reccomend if you want to spend that much on a wiper.;) i would recommend this too...i bought one 5-6 weeks ago best wiper i had so far, & it replaced the other Bosch OEM wiper i bought during winter, which worked like crap after the winter...i bought my icon at autozone for like $20

jnolte
05-05-2006, 03:56 PM
what size is it, got a part number?

audiophile
05-05-2006, 04:10 PM
bosch icon wiper 424A

kameraguy
05-05-2006, 08:37 PM
Cool, thx for the heads-up. I was looking to replace my wiper and this looks interesting :)

06-07-2006, 01:46 AM
here in Europe it seems that ICON are called as AEROTWIN, so here is not available that part number!

http://aa.bosch.de/advastaboschaa/Product.jsp?prod_id=59&ccat_id=24&language=en-GB&publication=1

It's quite difficoult but does someone know the relevant part number, if they are really the same product?

thanks a lot!:)

jnenad16
06-07-2006, 10:54 AM
all single arm mercedes wipers use 24inch/610mm hook style blades.

nenad

IamJanuar
06-07-2006, 01:20 PM
Man since when did bosch start making those.. I was looking for that bracketless wiper. The last time I bumped into one for our car was made by valeo. Heard a couple of bad reviews decided to stick with bosch. In fact I just changed the wipers 2 days ago with bosch's Micro Edge Excel. The local stoe here dont sell those.. at least yet I hope.

06-07-2006, 11:10 PM
Originally posted by jnenad16
all single arm mercedes wipers use 24inch/610mm hook style blades.

nenad

Nedad, thanks a lot for the info.

So should I look to any Bosch 24inch/610mm hook style blades with this new ICON/Aerotwin tecnology!

thanks I'll look for!

Marco:)

06-07-2006, 11:17 PM
Originally posted by IamJanuar
Man since when did bosch start making those.. I was looking for that bracketless wiper. The last time I bumped into one for our car was made by valeo. Heard a couple of bad reviews decided to stick with bosch. In fact I just changed the wipers 2 days ago with bosch's Micro Edge Excel. The local stoe here dont sell those.. at least yet I hope.

As per my personal experience I prefer valeo over standard bosch wiper (I mean not Icon/Aerotwin).

Previous valeo worked well: no noise and good cleaning, unfortunately the replacement (still Valeo) I've replaced last winter is not good as previous:(

Now I want to try Icon/Aerotwin!

Any personal experience on them?:)

marco