PDA

View Full Version : Temperature Guage Problems...

slam96c36
05-03-2006, 04:25 PM
Sup all..so about a month ago I check on the forum to figured out why my temperature keep going up even for a short drive....so I found some good answer/solution, took my ride in and the dealer check it out...now I am told I need to replace my guage because when I turn off my engine the temperature guage stop at 60...not all the way to zero. I called and check for the part and it will cost me $1100 without labor to replace. Can anyone recommend a good site to order so I don't have to go thru the dealership...

Thanks in advance for all the help...

1995c280
05-03-2006, 05:29 PM
so just do the math and w/e your gauge says...just know that your like 20 under or however much. you know you still have your thermostat and fans cooling the engine, LOL, ----------J/K----------

and in the rare case you get past or up to the redzone, u know to shut that key off

unless you really wanna spend the money on the new cluster

if i recall right, i remember some1 posting about a month or two ago about a place that rebuilds instrument clusters with a 1 year warrenty. i don't remember the name though. try a search and you might find it.....best of luck to ya!

Jason

slam96c36
05-03-2006, 06:15 PM
I just send a requested to Car-Part.com and see if they have any...I check their website out and it look like they might have one for around $45..but not sure how old and used they are..have to wait till they reply...

thanks for the input Jason...I was thinking to replace and put C43 cluster instead...better looking then a C36, what you think?

Ty