PDA

View Full Version : Help with a/c not always being cold

Highhpta
05-03-2006, 09:22 PM
For awhile now my air conditioner has been going in and out. Either it will work when you start the car up and stay working or it won't at all. I know the compressor has not gone out because the EC light has never came on plus the times that it does work fine it blows ice cold. I am guessing or maybe hoping that it could be one of the a/c sensors I have heard about that is being tempermental. If anybody could help out with what I could look and and also where the locations are for the sensors. What to try and fix this myself and not take it to the dealer. Any information would help.

martattack
05-03-2006, 09:55 PM
There has been quite a bit of topics lately (must be getting to be summer time). Do a search and find a wealth of information!

trymonlam
05-04-2006, 06:55 AM
i've got a similar situation soon after i got my car last year. it developed a knocking noise that's around a certain rpm.
my mech told me that my ac is on the way out so i had it disconnected. hopefully yours is not the same case.

davis449
05-04-2006, 07:21 AM
They just replaced some sort of evaporator sensor in mine for a similar problem.

Highhpta
05-04-2006, 07:31 AM
Does anybody know where this evap sensor is. I think I can order a new one for around $25. I just need to be able to locate it.

jnenad16
05-04-2006, 10:46 AM
Originally posted by Highhpta
Does anybody know where this evap sensor is. I think I can order a new one for around $25. I just need to be able to locate it.
its under the dash, on the side of the evaporator housing. its a bitch to get to. but first, make sure that is the problem. as martin said, do a search, we have discussed a/c problems many times, read through them and compare it to your problem, Im sure you'll find the answer.

nenad

fay31
05-05-2006, 09:07 PM
Your problem is most often fixed by replacing both the EVAP TEMP Sensor and REG TEMP Sensor. The Evap sensor is under the dash as described and the other is on the driver side bottom of the engine compartment. However, you must discharge the system before doing this and then refilling the system. You also might need to reset the system. I would search Mercedesshop.com and mercedesforum.com for the procedure. All in all this is a cheap repair.