PDA

View Full Version : 210 mirror wiring

Alps
07-28-2003, 02:36 AM
hi guys,

maybe someone here can help me, does anyone have the pin out numbers from w210 to w202 mirror conversion?

ive managed to get hold of the folding dimming mirrors but unlikr my non folding blinking mirrors, all the wires are black!

help is appreciated!

JRE320
07-28-2003, 05:57 AM
http://www.club202.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=59&perpage=15&highlight=magic%20mirrors&pagenumber=1

Alps
07-28-2003, 06:05 AM
thanks for that, found that earlier, i think benzsport used to have diagrams before it crashed, but its all lost!!!, still has no pin out details? anyone?

:)

nokia8860
07-28-2003, 07:33 AM
Alps you more than likely have the memory mirrors, hence the all black wires. You will have to pull out the multimeter to check the wires. Keep in mind however directional controll will be a little funny as the motor itself is memory function.

The easiest way is to just pull out the mirror motor (the one connected to the glass) and swap it with your older mirror motors.

It will provide less headache for you. The folding motor, as you have seen is separate from the motor that moves the mirror. So you wont be loosing that function, but just gaining time from just swaping the mirror adjustment motors itself.

Alps
07-28-2003, 10:21 PM
thanks nokia, thats been really usefull! looks like the old multimeter is coming out again then :) more or less got the old non folding mirrors sold, so dont want to dissapoint the buyer by changing bits around on them!

just a thought, can a make use of the memory feature?

nokia8860
07-29-2003, 06:17 AM
Originally posted by Alps

just a thought, can a make use of the memory feature?

You will have to buy the convience feature from the W210 to make it work.

My first set of W210 mirrors were memory as well so I can relate to the all black wires. Even without a multimeter you will see which ones are for blinking, heated glass, auto dimm.

But just a little heads up the number of wires that go into the motor itself even when hooked up correctly to your switch will function a little weird because of memory motor.

MBenzNL
07-29-2003, 09:35 AM
the connector at the mirro is numbered...

1 & 2 are heated glass
3, 4 and 5 are for mirror adjusting

1, 2, 3, 4 & 5 sit in the exact same order as the wires in the oldstyle mirror sit (as in black-red...brown...and then the grey/white/black)

6 and 7 are always colored (black-white and brown) and are for the blinker

8 is empty

9, 10, 11 & 12 are memory - you don't need those

13 & 14 are folding (green and yellow)

15 & 16 are dimming (pink-black & pink-red)

greetingz,

MBenzNL
07-29-2003, 09:37 AM
oh...the first couple of W210 blinking mirrors had color coded wiring...the later ones had all black wires (except for the blinkers) regardless whether the mirrors have memory or not.

Alps, if your folding set does have memory, please be aware that the leftside mirror will tilt upwards when adjusting it downwards and the other way round...

greetingz,

Alps
07-29-2003, 09:57 AM
steve,

thanks mate, Euro pimp comes true once again :)

i will keep the left mirror thing in mind.

do you know the part number for the dimming harness i will need?

thanks again

MBenzNL
07-30-2003, 12:42 PM
If your folding set has memory mirrors, I am willing to swap them for non memory ones with oldstyle 202 connectors next UK MB gtg ;) .

greetingz,

Brabus
07-30-2003, 03:39 PM
I need to learn how to use a multimeter...

Alps
07-30-2003, 11:10 PM
Steve,

i had a good look at the mirrors last night, and they are NOT memory ones, as wires 9,10,11,&12 are not there!

I might still be able to help you out with the memory folding mirrors is interested? PM me.

Alps
08-07-2003, 01:25 PM
anyone got the part number for the rectangle connector pins? i can only find the ones for the car side on the site?