PDA

View Full Version : just got scanned!

rollinrealbig
05-04-2006, 05:35 PM
ok, as ive been thinking its my MAF making my car run like shit, not go past 3000 RPM, and tranny shifting worse then a manual car - it turns out its not my MAF, these codes popped up, and I have no damn clue what they mean or what they are.

I can order parts cheaper from my dads shop but dont really want to cry to him about my problems so can anyone help me out and tell me what these mean ? praying its not my fuel pump!

1. P0110 IAT Circuit Malfunction
2. P0170 Fuel Trim Malfunction

Please Please Please Help me out !

any idea of how hard it is to replace whatever is needed ?

prices for this stuff ?

benzaddict
05-04-2006, 09:49 PM
Originally posted by rollinrealbig
ok, as ive been thinking its my MAF making my car run like shit, not go past 3000 RPM, and tranny shifting worse then a manual car - it turns out its not my MAF, these codes popped up, and I have no damn clue what they mean or what they are.

I can order parts cheaper from my dads shop but dont really want to cry to him about my problems so can anyone help me out and tell me what these mean ? praying its not my fuel pump!

1. P0110 IAT Circuit Malfunction
2. P0170 Fuel Trim Malfunction

Please Please Please Help me out !

any idea of how hard it is to replace whatever is needed ?

prices for this stuff ?

What makes you think it's not a MAF problem? These are the classic symptoms and DTC codes for a MAF problem, now go buy a new MAF!!

jnenad16
05-05-2006, 01:01 AM
Id definitely take steve's advice and get the damn MAF! :D

nenad

detroit202
05-05-2006, 06:08 AM
you're rollinrealbig just get one less bottle of crystal this weekend and drop those three hundos on a new maf !

:D

Abuimad
05-05-2006, 06:24 AM
everytime i want to scan my car i open this forum and see ppl crying about the scan results...so I choose to live by the moto..ignorance is a bliss....and thank god for lebanon were the MAF costs 80 dollars

714guy
05-05-2006, 06:39 AM
MAS problem, had one of those code and several others, bought a MAS and everything was good.

jnolte
05-05-2006, 08:05 AM
Originally posted by benzaddict
What makes you think it's not a MAF problem? These are the classic symptoms and DTC codes for a MAF problem, now go buy a new MAF!! \

dident you already tell him this?

rollinrealbig
05-05-2006, 03:32 PM
Originally posted by jnolte
\

dident you already tell him this?

yea before I scanned the car I figured it was the MAF as everyone said, but when I scanned it - it said Fuel trim Malfunction and im like "thats sound totally diff from MAF)

thats why I asked, but if its the MAF its an easy fix, and ill get one ordered and put it in tomarrow afternoon.

rollinrealbig
05-05-2006, 03:34 PM
Originally posted by detroit202
you're rollinrealbig just get one less bottle of crystal this weekend and drop those three hundos on a new maf !

:D

LoL, yea rollinRealbig till my MAF fucks up LoL

by the way - not to long ago i pulled off the grid that is in the MAF tube - can that reduce life in any way ? i know MAF is the usual problem but I just want to kno if its a good Idea to remove that grid .

jnolte
05-05-2006, 03:59 PM
it directs the air flow better to the MAS sensor

detroit202
05-05-2006, 04:20 PM
LoL, yea rollinRealbig till my MAF fucks up LoL

by the way - not to long ago i pulled off the grid that is in the MAF tube - can that reduce life in any way ? i know MAF is the usual problem but I just want to kno if its a good Idea to remove that grid .

i read before that you can get a can of electronics parts circuit board cleaner from radio shack and clean up the inside of the sensor.. you might want to try that .. i mean its already f-ed up i dont think it would hurt to give it a shot you might get some more time out of it

rollinrealbig
05-05-2006, 05:57 PM
i read before that you can get a can of electronics parts circuit board cleaner from radio shack and clean up the inside of the sensor.. you might want to try that .. i mean its already f-ed up i dont think it would hurt to give it a shot you might get some more time out of it

yea i think ill grab a can from my dads shop - he has this shit in stock so ya ill give that a shot and see what it gives me LoL

and like jnolte said it directs the air flow better to the MAS sensor, so its better to have it off (performance-wise?)

rollinrealbig
05-05-2006, 08:10 PM

and today you are my hero!!!!

got a can or brake parts cleaner, pulled off my meter, unscrewed the two torx screws holding it into the tube ... looked inside the sensor part and saw alot of crud built up - sprayed parts ceaner and it turned shiny silver like new!

poped everything into the car - one turn of the ignition and good as new! stable RPM's back at 740-760 (normal 750) and rev's up to 6k NO PROBLEMS!!!!!!!

ran a quick diagnostic test and automatically passed! cleared all codes, closed the hood and goodnight! (with grin on face from ear to ear LoL)

my engine idle used to be a milimeter above 500rpm's, reved only to 3000 then sputtered, acceloration was just embarrasing!

Thanks to all of you who replied my thread! very much appreciated! (and heck saved me a few bills)

jnenad16
05-05-2006, 11:57 PM
CRC makes a MAS cleaner, and I would refrain from using brake cleaner to clean MAS and oxygen sensors. they can seriously damage the them.
http://www.crcindustries.com/auto/content/prod_detail.aspx?PN=05110&S=Y

nenad

detroit202
05-06-2006, 06:22 AM
yea i think ill grab a can from my dads shop - he has this shit in stock so ya ill give that a shot and see what it gives me LoL

and like jnolte said it directs the air flow better to the MAS sensor, so its better to have it off (performance-wise?)

sweet. good to hear. thats why i think this site is the best out of all the merc sites out there for the 202.. hopefully youll get alot more time out of it ..start saving though for a new one cuz im sure it will eventually crap out on you

rollinrealbig
05-06-2006, 07:15 AM
I used Carb cleaner, dont know if its bad or not but it sure did the job!

by the time this thing will start to bitch agian ill have a job.

yea ive also been on this site ... I have signed up for whatever the other club was but some reason got more hooked to this one LoL - I guess its just easier to use and less BS members.

Thanks Agian Guys! :D