PDA

View Full Version : Break fluid top off - DOT 4+ or 4?

whitec230k
05-08-2006, 01:21 PM
Hey all. My break fluid is kinda low so i need to top it off. Unfortunately i can't find DOT 4+ fluid anywhere. All i get is 4. I was wondering can i mix dot 4 with 4+ i already have? What will happen if i do so?
Thanks, i allways count on you guys :)

jnenad16
05-08-2006, 10:39 PM
dot 4 is sufficient.

nenad

ricerokets4life
05-10-2006, 10:37 PM
whitec230k - please respond to my emails and PMs..

Proven Guilty
05-10-2006, 10:49 PM
Originally posted by jnenad16
dot 4 is sufficient.

nenad

also, low levels of brake fluid could be warning signs. with brakes being almost perfectly sealed, and little or no trouble of evaporation, low brake fluid could mean a small leak somewhere.

another reason why brake fluid may be low is if the pad life is almost exhausted (low fluid resuliting from brake pads being completely worn out, and all caliper pistons fully extended).

just a heads up, i always inspect the brakes if the fluid drops.

whitec230k
05-11-2006, 09:41 AM
Originally posted by Proven Guilty
also, low levels of brake fluid could be warning signs. with brakes being almost perfectly sealed, and little or no trouble of evaporation, low brake fluid could mean a small leak somewhere.

another reason why brake fluid may be low is if the pad life is almost exhausted (low fluid resuliting from brake pads being completely worn out, and all caliper pistons fully extended).

just a heads up, i always inspect the brakes if the fluid drops.

Thanks for all the help guys. Ill be taking the car for service b in about 3000 miles so they'll preform a break check in that to. btw how much does the flat fee of 'service b' cost?

benzonline
05-11-2006, 10:57 AM
Call the dealer and ask!!