PDA

View Full Version : Computer Chips

jcllee
05-08-2006, 09:00 PM
Hi, I'm a new member here!!! I'd like to know if anyone had added a "computer chip" to their C230 Kompressor yet? Will it mess up the original software? I currently have a 2000 C230 Kompressor, Special Edition..

K_Sport Driver
05-08-2006, 09:22 PM
http://www.4dwebdesigns.co.uk/search-button.jpg

Pagz
05-08-2006, 11:48 PM
LOOOOL^^^

welcome to the club!...its a nice place,just use the search button first:D

Hey what does special addition mean?

jnenad16
05-09-2006, 12:17 AM
Originally posted by 23K
LOOOOL^^^

welcome to the club!...its a nice place,just use the search button first:D

Hey what does special addition mean?
maybe he is special? LOL j/p

nenad

69chevelle
05-09-2006, 12:50 AM
Isnt that the model that came with the hid lights, heated seats, and wiper sensor/headlight wipers??

Proven Guilty
05-09-2006, 04:28 AM
also had tiptronic tranny, 2-stone seats, and carbon fiber instead of burl walnut trim interior. its like the sport model on crack.

i'd kill to find a white one with black/silver 2tone interior

jcllee
05-09-2006, 08:01 AM
Originally posted by Proven Guilty
also had tiptronic tranny, 2-stone seats, and carbon fiber instead of burl walnut trim interior. its like the sport model on crack.

i'd kill to find a white one with black/silver 2tone interior

I'm a girl....not a guy.....

I guess nobody can answer my question yet about the computer chip or performance chip....

jnolte
05-09-2006, 08:07 AM
www.powerchipgroup.com
www.upsolute.com

a few members have had the upsolute and powerchip in there cars.

I would personaly go with powerchip

dshenberger
05-09-2006, 08:17 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by jcllee
[B]I'm a girl....not a guy.....

I love it!!! Now don't you all feel bad for
not helping the girl out;) Sorry, I have
no answers for you.

Renn 208
05-09-2006, 08:24 AM
jnolte's provided a good starting point, but if you use the search function on the site and look for "c230k chip" you'll find threads with more in depth information as well as the impressions of a couple of folks who have put chips on the cars.

BTW, do you have any pictures available of your car? Esp, the interior. If it does indeed have the steptronic transmission, it would be quite a rare sight.

Also, before deciding that a chip is what you really want, perhaps we should take a moment to think about your specific goals for the car. With a goal in mind, you can best evaluate the options available to you.

Denlasoul
05-09-2006, 09:09 AM
Originally posted by Renn 208
BTW, do you have any pictures available of your car? Esp, the interior. If it does indeed have the steptronic transmission, it would be quite a rare sight.
I think bc24's car is like that too.

trymonlam
05-09-2006, 10:27 AM
welcome to the site.
in earlier threads we've discussed the potential of having a tunning chip for a kompressor engine. and it's a lot more potent than doing the same to a non-k engine. so if u do want more pep to the car, this can be a way to go. do a search, there's plenty of specific info in this matter.

Pagz
05-09-2006, 11:51 AM
Originally posted by jcllee
I'm a girl....not a guy.....

I guess nobody can answer my question yet about the computer chip or performance chip....

wow...this is rare,rare car too....NICE;)

K_Sport Driver
05-09-2006, 12:26 PM
Also, before deciding that a chip is what you really want, perhaps we should take a moment to think about your specific goals for the car. With a goal in mind, you can best evaluate the options available to you.

you better have someone else do the work for you. if you can't figure out how to use a search button highlighted in red, you'll probably not be able to chip your ecu. :D

just playing. welcome.

SLAMMED_C
05-09-2006, 04:35 PM
Originally posted by jcllee Hi, I'm a new member here!!! I'd like to know if anyone had added a "computer chip" to their C230 Kompressor yet? Will it mess up the original software? I currently have a 2000 C230 Kompressor, Special Edition..

I have a 1999 C230 Kompressor.. with a Tuner-Werks chip.
I had upsolute, but got it redone by tuner-werks.
upsolute was very good indeed.. noticed a big difference. but with the tuner-werks there is another difference. seems to pull harder.. maybe just me!

but the whole point of a chip is to replace the stock software, or modify the stock software in your ECU. by remaping fuel curves and timing. so I guess you can say it kinda messes up you origninal software!.. but in a good way. you can also have it returned to stock ecu programming as well.

if your going to get a chip, I would recommend getting a pulley kit to spin the supercharger faster.
you wont see that much of an increse with just a chip alone on our cars (M111 kompressor) running stock boost of about 5.5psi, with a retuned fuel computer wont net very many gains (about 10-15hp and 15ft lbs of torque at most) noticable none the less.. but if you get a pulley kit and bring boost pressure up to around 11psi, you can maximize the output and power with the fuel computer)
hope this helps you out.
heres the link for the tuner-werks site:Tuner-Werks (http://www.tuner-werks.com/mercedes.htm)

NEA-4311
05-09-2006, 05:19 PM
Could you post your picture so we can see you? Its a custom for every new member to post a picture of him/herself when joining... right guys? ...RIGHT?!

Pagz
05-09-2006, 05:22 PM
.........RIGHT!

;)

1995c280
05-09-2006, 05:35 PM
i'll second that................RIGHT!

trymonlam
05-09-2006, 06:15 PM
it was?
well... ahh.... hmm...

Pagz
05-09-2006, 06:32 PM
Originally posted by trymonlam
it was?
well... ahh.... hmm...

shhhh

:bandit:

jcllee
05-09-2006, 08:01 PM
hey, guys

thank you for helping~ I guess I'm not confident enough to add the performance chip yet before I heard from you. My Mercedes mechanic didn't recommend me 'cz he doesn't want me to break my car by adding some chips.......but he didn't know I usually drive 80-90 mph on freeway in LA........hehehe.......especially after I test drive my friend's red Audi A4 1.8T Quattro "Ultra Sport Package".........his Audi can reach 200HP after the chips.......it felt like my 185 HP MBZ is a little slower.... :eek:

I'd like to go for the chips at evosport.powerchipgroup.com if nobody has anything wrong w/ their car after adding the chips.

Any other good place you would recommend for Mercedes chips?

Thank you,

I'll try to take pic. for my special edition in the day time....(it looks like the C32 AMG interior before they change to the new C-class)

GO~ GO~More horse power~:bunny:

jcllee
05-09-2006, 08:27 PM
jnolte's provided a good starting point, but if you use the search function on the site and look for "c230k chip" you'll find threads with more in depth information as well as the impressions of a couple of folks who have put chips on the cars.

Thank you~ thank you~ I guess your "c230 chip" helps a lot....I was not familiar what to type in the search before...so I can't find the info. I need.......now I do see a lot of threads there...thanx:silly:

Renn 208
05-09-2006, 08:48 PM
Thank you~ thank you~ I guess your "c230 chip" helps a lot....I was not familiar what to type in the search before...so I can't find the info. I need.......now I do see a lot of threads there...thanx:silly:

Yep, don't worry though, as you're not the first n00b who needed help with search terms to find what they're looking for.

Looks like you've managed to survive your first CLUB 202 hazing...Welcome, and enjoy your stay

NEA-4311
05-10-2006, 04:17 AM
Cool...cool... Ok how about that pic now?

K_Sport Driver
05-10-2006, 07:47 AM
Looks like you've managed to survive your first CLUB 202 hazing
NOBODY GETS OUT ALIIIIIIIIIIIVEEEE!!!!

:mad: :bunny:

:bored:

yeah, so pics.

dshenberger
05-10-2006, 08:16 AM
Fine I'll join the masses - post a pic!

Hey K_Sport,
You go to school in B-town right? I have a friend out there studying/teaching music.

jcllee
05-10-2006, 08:37 AM
Oooo la la.....it's way too expensive than I expected........I called House of Power as a few of the people here recommended ..... the owner told me it will be around $1135 out of door? What?... for only increase 12-15 HP from the chips? Will I really feel the difference for that much increase? I thought the powerchips is only couple hundred dollars.....

Any suggetion & any other place recommended?

Thanks.......

Jules~

Denlasoul
05-10-2006, 09:13 AM
I think if cost is an issue, then Upsolute would be your best shot as most applicationsare around $400.

I cannot vouche for their product, but there are a few Member's here that may chime in.

If you decide on going this route, the best way to confirm is to get before and after dyno runs, to measure the change.

I would also look into a company/product that guarantees their claims, in case you find from the dyno run nothing really changed.

Pagz
05-10-2006, 12:05 PM
Originally posted by NEA-4311
Cool...cool... Ok how about that pic now?

hahahhaah:D

Pagz
05-10-2006, 12:15 PM
Oooo la la.....it's way too expensive than I expected........I called House of Power as a few of the people here recommended ..... the owner told me it will be around $1135 out of door? What?... for only increase 12-15 HP from the chips? Will I really feel the difference for that much increase? I thought the powerchips is only couple hundred dollars.....

Any suggetion & any other place recommended?

Thanks.......

Jules~

Heya,
Unfortunatly,cheap HP gains on these cars are very limited!,what sort of increase in performance are you after?
A SuperSprint header and exhaust would be an excellent start!,im not sure why so little go this route with the 230K!.

Paul

dshenberger
05-10-2006, 12:45 PM
Well I did put a Superchip in my old explorer 4.0L, I have to say - the supposed 15 hp gain was a farce. To borrow a term, my "butt dyno" did not register an improvement. Maybe if you put in a better air intake and full exhaust then added a custom chip you might see a noticeable improvement. For example, a fairly good comparison would be a Dinan kit for a 328. Spend about $2200 on a nice intake, exhaust, and chip to gain about 22hp. And that is from a manufacture who really knows how to get the most from that particular vehicle.

Hey Jules,
That doesn't happen to be a nickname for Julie does it?

K_Sport Driver
05-10-2006, 03:51 PM
Originally posted by dshenberger
Fine I'll join the masses - post a pic!

Hey K_Sport,
You go to school in B-town right? I have a friend out there studying/teaching music.
I DID, but I just graduated. I was in the College of Arts and Sciences, but I knew a few people from the music school. everyone was torn apart after that plane crash this year.

jcllee
05-10-2006, 10:41 PM
I think I will go with "Powerchip" ..... I talked to the guy over the phone from their Santa Monica location. He sounds very knowledgeable & reliable. I will try to get more opinions before I go get it installed. Anybody has any experience to share w/ me if they already got their "Powerchip" ;) ?

I promise I will take pictures as soon as I have get a chance. I have a big deadline for the architectural project I'm working on in the office.........:rambo:

NEA-4311
05-11-2006, 04:33 PM
OK GUYS, YOU ALL READ IT, SHE WILL POST PICTURES (OF HERSELF) AS SOON AS SHE GETS THE CHANCE. Please post some pics of your car too if you also have a chance. Good luck with the powerchip installation... and with your project.:cool:

jcllee
05-11-2006, 09:10 PM
I think my understanding is the picture of the car.....since ppl are curious about the interior of the Special Edition......& I don't see people post their own picture on the thread....:D

Pagz
05-11-2006, 10:04 PM
...Hmmm,she onto us mang.....Quik.......run:D

look forward to see'n this special edition!!!

dshenberger
05-12-2006, 12:58 PM
We are all just interested on a scientific level. Just trying to figure out what type of girls buy 202's. You'd think we were a bunch of wolves the way folks act. ;)

NEA-4311
05-12-2006, 01:06 PM
EEEEEEEEEEEEEExactly. Scientific purposes only. (I dont know about you guys, I kind of picture her like that hot latin chick in "the fast and the furious" movie, covered in grease working under the Benz's hood on a hot summ...) Scientific purposes as I and my colleaques stated. Love to see your interiYOUR CARS!!...interior. CheeeeeerSsSsSsSs...:bandit:

Proven Guilty
05-12-2006, 03:01 PM
Originally posted by dshenberger
We are all just interested on a scientific level. Just trying to figure out what type of girls buy 202's. You'd think we were a bunch of wolves the way folks act. ;)
hahahahaha

jcllee
05-14-2006, 03:46 PM
Finally I took some pictures of my car today but I couldn't figure it out how to post them on the form.

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/julie_lee88/album?.dir=22ccscd&.src=ph&store=&prodid=&.done=http%3a//pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/julie_lee88/my_photos

;)

NEA-4311
05-14-2006, 05:14 PM
Pretty cool car. I love the leather interior. Are you sure this gauge panel is of a 2000 model though? I thought they had replaced it with the one with the large LCD screen on the bottom of the middle gauge, thatswhy Im asking. Nice car!

crazy00c230k
05-14-2006, 07:07 PM
wow, that looks exaclty like my interior, is there any other difference between the special edition and the sport? if not i guess ive been rockin a special edition and didnt know it

jcllee
05-14-2006, 08:30 PM
Originally posted by crazy00c230k
wow, that looks exaclty like my interior, is there any other difference between the special edition and the sport? if not i guess ive been rockin a special edition and didnt know it

Not sure........ it's been almost 6 yrs when I got it.....I remember the dealer told me the special edition has "2 tone leather seats" and better suspension......I think it's pretty similar to the sports package.

jnolte
05-14-2006, 08:43 PM
Not sure........ it's been almost 6 yrs when I got it.....I remember the dealer told me the special edition has "2 tone leather seats" and better suspension......I think it's pretty similar to the sports package.

that is the sport package

jcllee
05-15-2006, 08:41 PM
Originally posted by jnolte
that is the sport package

You mean the one he has? For sure the one I got is special edition. It's clearly stated on the Window tag.........:ermm:

dshenberger
05-16-2006, 04:04 AM
My 2000 280 is supposed to be a "special edition" also, but it doesn't seem nearly as special as yours! Love the steering wheel - wanna trade? Anyone know if they put the steptronic tranny in everything '98 on? Oh, and I am pretty sure "Tiptronic" is a Porsche transmission;)

Lovely car. . . too bad I can't say the same about the cats:) I am a fan of Persians and Himalayans.

jcllee
05-17-2006, 08:11 PM
Hey, everyone

I just got the powerchip installed today!!!! It's nice!!!!!!!!

I feel like it has a V6 engine now. It's easier to take off w/ the better torgue now & it feels like my car is getting lighter......

I'm happy with it.

Now I wanna add a lip spoiler on my trunk so it will get a new look.....:D

jnolte
05-17-2006, 08:18 PM
sweet! how much was the total cost?
it should get better with time also.

jcllee
05-18-2006, 09:49 PM
Originally posted by jnolte
sweet! how much was the total cost?
it should get better with time also.

$640 (tax included)

I'm happy w/ the result!! Tomorrow I'm going to check out the "lip spoiler" ;)

NEA-4311
05-21-2006, 01:00 PM
Post pictures of you and your car when you re done. ;) I need a chip asap!