PDA

View Full Version : Wax Recommendation

choppers_rule
05-14-2006, 09:18 AM
It's time of the year again, any recommendation of a new wax/ paint sealent product?

OCKlasse
05-14-2006, 09:32 AM
If you want best bang for the buck, FK1 pink wax. If you feel like splurging, then Pinnacle Souveran hands down.

If you are looking for durability then Klasse Sealant Glaze will provide the best protection. Top it with a Carnauba and you are looking at about six months of protection if you use a booster wax (I like Eagle One Wax as you Dry) in between washes.

Another good "spray wax" is FK1 FX-100 Spray Sealant. Nice and easy, and FK 425 is a good spray detailer, nicest thing about it is its anti-static if dust is an issue for you. hope that helps :bunny:

97C28O
05-14-2006, 01:39 PM
Sounds like you know alot about DETAILING!

I just washed my car 1 week ago with Meguiar's Gold Class Car Wash Shampoo & Conditioner and waxed it with Meguiar's NXT Generation Tech Wax Paste. It did a pretty good job.

OCKlasse
05-14-2006, 02:13 PM
Originally posted by 97C28O
Sounds like you know alot about DETAILING!

I just washed my car 1 week ago with Meguiar's Gold Class Car Wash Shampoo & Conditioner and waxed it with Meguiar's NXT Generation Tech Wax Paste. It did a pretty good job.

NXT is very durable stuff...any paste wax seems to hold up longer than liquid.

97C28O
05-14-2006, 03:11 PM
How long do you think it will last? I don't drive the car much, only on weekends.

OCKlasse
05-14-2006, 03:15 PM
Originally posted by 97C28O
How long do you think it will last? I don't drive the car much, only on weekends.

If it stays in the garage, then probably 3-4 months before you start to notice less beading. If you use booster waxes (The FK FX-100 works awesome) probably at the very least six months. I would just spray detail it weekly, use a booster once every two-three weeks, and you should not really have to worry about ever washing it between waxes.

zzDragonzz
05-14-2006, 04:21 PM
www.clearkote.com

http://www.clearkote.com/picts/testimonialsF-1.jpg

choppers_rule
05-15-2006, 01:20 AM
HMMM........I think I am gonna try "Clearkote" this time.
Anybody else has been using this product?

zzDragonzz
05-15-2006, 04:45 PM
My friend is a detailer (side hobby) and this stuff does wonders, esp. for darker cars....If you really want high quality stuff try this stuff called Souveran...suposedly the best wax on earth, but it'll run you 70 bucks per 8oz for the applicator wax, but you can find the liquid wax for cheaper..depends on which method you like better...

For more readings, try: http://www.autopia.org/
they have a whole site dedicated to detailing. good luck! ;)

http://www.tripintaz.com/pic/v2.jpg

choppers_rule
05-15-2006, 10:54 PM
Thanks Dragon! lots of info.:)

zzDragonzz
05-19-2006, 09:38 PM
Originally posted by choppers_rule
Thanks Dragon! lots of info.:)

Dont mention it man, I'm only returning the favor to the fellow club202 members...let me kno how it goes w/ pics and such...when me and my friend waxed my car...I seriously fell in love with it, soooo shiny/glossy droool hahahah ;) we ended putting two layers of the wax on..was thinking about putting a third layer of caranuba but it was getting late, like next morning kinda late lol

pics or words cant describe it..you think that benz in the above pic looks nice, only in person my friend you'll see...keep us updated