View Full Version : First Post!!!

rman
05-15-2006, 05:03 AM
Hey everyone, this is my first post...I actually just found the site a few minutes ago

Yesterday I bought a 1999 c280 sport (black on grey) with 90k. I was actually shopping for a Ford Expedition (i'm a big ford fan, this car is replacing my 2000 f150 which was totalled)

Anyhow... The ouside temperature display thing read - C 5 when i first got it. I've come to realize that I think it's trying to say 65.

Anyone know of a fix for this? Is this common at all? Can i reset the display, or do I need to replace that LCD?

TIA,
rman

NEA-4311
05-15-2006, 05:44 AM
Hi, Good choice there! ;) nice car. Im not sure if you can reset it, go and ask the dealer, if not you gonna probably have to buy a used gauge panel which is not that big of a hustle as it can easily be replaced. See what others have to right about it. Where are you from? Your location field is empty! :D

rman
05-15-2006, 05:57 AM
Thanks for the reply! i'll be looking into that, it seems to be the only concern (let's cross our fingers)

At first, i thought a fuse might be out for the front pass. window, for auto up/down, but reading the instruction manual (who would have thought!?) showed me how to reset it

I'm from san diego, I'll have to update my profile sometime soon.
Thanks again!

dshenberger
05-15-2006, 06:42 AM
Handles way better than an expedition doesn't it? :) We have a 2000, and that thing is a boat!

Welcome aboard!

rman
05-15-2006, 06:50 AM
It handles similar to the 2000 F-150 that I had :D....But rides 50x smoother.
Actually, it's (F150) sitting on my driveway still (has been for 4 weeks) and is getting towed to the 'yard today.
http://myspace-167.vo.llnwd.net/00125/76/18/125008167_l.jpg

The expedition was going to be a little different, was going to go on 'bags. Well, the truck was, too, until i got hit and sandwiched.
http://s50.photobucket.com/albums/f307/rmanisme/accidentAPR19/

I can't wait to dig into the 202 and start modding it out. "202", i'm already catching on to the lingo.

Abuimad
05-15-2006, 07:49 AM
welcome and post some pics of ur car

hope you dont catch the modding bug going around in this website

and that looks like a serious accident man, any one injured in it ?

rman
05-15-2006, 08:21 AM
i didn't realize the severity of it until people started telling me "oh man, for that to happen to a f150...."
Luckily I was the only person in my truck, and i was able to walk away and actually drive the truck home, airbags hanging out and all. I am still in a lot of pain, seeing the chiropractor 3 times a week.

I'll be taking some pics tomorrow, gotta charge the camera.

As far as the modding bug, as soon as i get situated in my new job i'll be all over this thing. Already scoping out the "minor details" on ebay....

zzDragonzz
05-15-2006, 05:00 PM
welcome:)

jnolte
05-15-2006, 05:03 PM
welcome, remember to use the search button for questions!

rman
05-15-2006, 05:09 PM
Originally posted by jnolte
welcome, remember to use the search button for questions!
thanks for the welcome!

i used the search for this one, but i couldn't find anything. Apparently no one else does, so i'm assuming it isn't very common

hopefully someone has an idea...:rolleyes:

jnolte
05-15-2006, 05:39 PM
glad to see your okay after that accident! Just dont put those taillights on your f150, on your benz! ;)

rman
05-15-2006, 07:19 PM
Originally posted by jnolte
glad to see your okay after that accident! Just dont put those taillights on your f150, on your benz! ;)

that's a nice way to put it :p

with the benz i'm going with the whole "German styling" thing. I really like the look and classiness of it. I might go with some black 18's and a mild drop, the "show off" in me wants to get 20's, but i think it's time to try something a little different.

Anyhoot,

Does ANYONE here have at least an IDEA of what might be going on with the temp display, or how to fix it?

It constantly shows a "-", and the first digit is missing the middle line, and both the lines on the right edge.

so for 6 i get "c", for 7 i get just the top line, etc.

Also, my front dome lights don't work, i checked the fuse, (#12?) and it's fine, maybe both bulbs are burnt, but they don't look burnt nor does the filament look bad.
Oh well, i'll replace the bulbs tonight and see.....