PDA

View Full Version : Exterior Lamp Failure is driving me up the wall!

OCKlasse
05-15-2006, 09:16 PM
When my light came on, I became aware I needed a new driver taillight circuit board (for the lights). I have since replaced that entire piece and the ELF light will not leave! All the lights work properly, and I have checked every light on the car numerous times (including license plate, etc.) and it still remains. Here is the strange part. Where the ELF light used to always be on, lights on or off, it now only comes on when the lights or on. :o

By the way, I have the crystal clear headlamps. Could this have something to do with it? I have had them for a while now, and it has never been an issue. All the lights work properly on the headlights as well. Any insight??? :bunny:

jnolte
05-15-2006, 09:54 PM
somewhere perhaps one of your bulbs is the wrong wattage, that would throw off the senser

OCKlasse
05-15-2006, 10:03 PM
Originally posted by jnolte
somewhere perhaps one of your bulbs is the wrong wattage, that would throw off the senser

thanks I will definately check that tomorrow :bunny:

Proven Guilty
05-16-2006, 02:24 AM
not always easy to check, but i had a burnt out reverse light. last one i checked, and it was on the money. best bet is to pull up to a reflective building, like drive to the mall and check your lights in the rear-view mirror if you can't have someone stand behind the car for ya.

OCKlasse
05-16-2006, 10:02 PM
thanks for the tips guys. I pulled all the lights out and reassembled them back into the board and it went away...phew...hopefully for good :rolleyes: