PDA

View Full Version : please help hesitation problem mis firing

nickc280
05-15-2006, 11:09 PM
Please help me, I recently purchased a 1995 C280 Benz and it drove fine the first few days and know it is having some hesitation problem or misfiring problem. The crazy thing is, is it doesn't do it all the time I can turn the key off and it goes away only to come back again. What it is doing is when in drive and at a stop it is serging, and when driving it is backfiring and sputtering a bit, like i said it doen't do it all the time, earlier today it drove great, tonight like crap???? this is really wierd

jnolte
05-15-2006, 11:22 PM
Could be a bad brittle wire harness. Could also be a bad MAF sensor, could be bad spark plugs. Could be many things, are you getting a check engine light? Sounds like your going into limp mode.

Its acually back firing??

try doing a search also

nickc280
05-15-2006, 11:24 PM
no engine light, for the first time I wish I did get a light, just to point me in a good direction

jnenad16
05-16-2006, 12:09 AM
intermittent rough performance sounds like a deteriorated wiring harness to me. take it to a shop and have them check it out as soon as possible before it catches on fire.

nenad

davis449
05-16-2006, 07:43 AM
I posted over at MBWorld, but now that I'm paying attention I see that you have the I6 engine, so I'm inclined to beleive what these guys are saying. I'm not awake quite yet, so I apologize.

nickc280
05-16-2006, 08:32 AM
is there any spots that I should look first for shorts (bad wiring)

loudandheard
05-16-2006, 09:10 AM
This was happening To me and finally the cel comes on and it started shaking horribly. The next day I drove fine, but I didn't want to chance it. The CEL says there's a misfire in cylinder one. So I'm going to try changing the wires and the spark plugs. Hopefully that fixes the problem. Should be similar to your problem, but I have a 96 it could be your wiring harness like everyone says.

kameraguy
05-16-2006, 01:52 PM
Had a similar problem last week. Turned out to be a bad coil pack in my case.

69chevelle
05-18-2006, 03:18 AM
It just started happening to me also. Sometimes... not every day when I am at a stop sign..the whole car just suddenly jolts/shakes once. No cel light comes on.
My mechanic said its probably the MAF sensor...Those things are expensive...I wonder if ebay is better to purchase??

evillwock
05-18-2006, 10:14 AM
The exact same problem happened to me in my 97 C230. Turning the car off would re-set the problem. It turned out to be a bad wiring harness. My repair guy also found that the check engine light had been burned out the entire time.

enawazh
05-18-2006, 12:27 PM
I had a similar problem on my 95 c280 where turning the car off and on again would fix it. turned out to be the voltage regulator on the Alternator.(im not sure if thats what youd call it).

other problems could be Wiring harness , coils , low grade Gas (87 octane) or Worn out Coil Wires.

Check out this previous post

http://www.club202.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=8023&highlight=enawazh