PDA

View Full Version : the seat that goes "clink"

benzin190
07-30-2003, 07:05 AM
In my 98 c320 my drivers seat makes this "clink" noise and I can feel it when it makes the noise. It seems to be coming from the seat back somewhere. I have had it to the stealership multiple times and they claim that they replaced the seat back, but this has still not fixed the problem. I am almost certain that the noise is coming from the seat back, near the where the wheel would be to adjust the seat back position. The seat is a power seat and it works fine except for this VERY annoying noise! Thanks for any help!

dwang
07-30-2003, 08:29 AM
I'm pretty sure this noise is coming from the seat tracks. The seat is not properly positioned/aligned on the tracks and will click when you accelerate. This was the case in my car. I had it fixed under warranty.

Dave

MBATF
07-30-2003, 12:32 PM
Originally posted by benzin190
In my 98 c320 my drivers seat makes this "clink" noise and I can feel it when it makes the noise. It seems to be coming from the seat back somewhere. I have had it to the stealership multiple times and they claim that they replaced the seat back, but this has still not fixed the problem. I am almost certain that the noise is coming from the seat back, near the where the wheel would be to adjust the seat back position. The seat is a power seat and it works fine except for this VERY annoying noise! Thanks for any help! Having same problem and teh dealer can't find shiet for it...

benzin190
08-05-2003, 07:30 AM
I've had the car in for service i think 4 or 5 times to try to correct this. They told me they took out the entire seat, i think replaced the seat back (although i'm not sure about that one) yet still no fix. The noise seems to be position sensitive (ie makes it more frequently in some seat positions than others). In the position that I like to drive in, it makes it a LOT! I doubt that its seat alignment/position, but how can i check this myself?? I live 100 miles from the dealership and its a real pain to take it up there! Thanks!

JRE320
08-05-2003, 08:56 AM
You sure nothing is loose? You never know what you can find after the stealership took it apart. :rolleyes: ;)

benzin190
08-12-2003, 04:46 PM
good call on that one :) i'll take a look tonight and see