PDA

View Full Version : please check this

pmemo
05-18-2006, 11:40 PM
Please check the link. I am thinking to get these instead of getting a fender from dealer. Give me your opinions.
Thank you.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Lorinser-Fenders-for-Mercedes-W202-C-Class_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ36475QQitemZ80483 86206QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWD1V

jnolte
05-18-2006, 11:48 PM
if you plan on going all out with like abody kit etc, i say go

if not dont, its going to look out of place

ALSO it may not fit well at all, end up being way more for body work AND you many end up with the same problem you have now, its aftermarket!

pmemo
05-18-2006, 11:52 PM
Originally posted by jnolte
if you plan on going all out with like abody kit etc, i say go

if not dont, its going to look out of place

ALSO it may not fit well at all, end up being way more for body work AND you many end up with the same problem you have now, its aftermarket!

Right, it's aftermarket part. may have same problem.
Thank you for your opinion.

coolin
05-19-2006, 08:13 AM
I don't know. Overdone Mercedes never seem to look right to me. Even the CLK DTM looked a bit ricey and it's over $500K.

I focus the money on wheels, lights, corners and springs.

Mind you, I also drive my car with the factory hubcaps and no mods, so what do I know.

JDoggery
05-19-2006, 10:15 AM
Originally posted by coolin
I don't know. Overdone Mercedes never seem to look right to me. Even the CLK DTM looked a bit ricey and it's over $500K.

I focus the money on wheels, lights, corners and springs.

Mind you, I also drive my car with the factory hubcaps and no mods, so what do I know.

post pics of your cars

zzDragonzz
05-19-2006, 11:05 AM
please dont do that, you will regret it....

coolin
05-19-2006, 11:46 AM
Originally posted by JDoggery
post pics of your cars

I hope I haven't mislead anyone, but I really don't own the k-car.

No pics on my computer. My 230K is factory black on black. My Type SH is Silver with the factory 5-stars. Both are pretty clean.

I'll have to post the Ferrari and 300SL pics another time. I've got them both riding on 22" Daytons. Both have the full WingsWest body treatment with TONS of stickers and decals. Oh, and carbon fiber hoods and the underglow neon lights of kit of course.

Proven Guilty
05-19-2006, 12:50 PM
I hope I haven't mislead anyone, but I really don't own the k-car.

No pics on my computer. My 230K is factory black on black. My Type SH is Silver with the factory 5-stars. Both are pretty clean.

I'll have to post the Ferrari and 300SL pics another time. I've got them both riding on 22" Daytons. Both have the full WingsWest body treatment with TONS of stickers and decals. Oh, and carbon fiber hoods and the underglow neon lights of kit of course.

you forgot to close your tag..

</sarcasm>

lol @ "ricey" with that reply!

got_wake
05-19-2006, 03:32 PM
Originally posted by zzDragonzz
please dont do that, you will regret it....

why?

because it's so called 'rice'?

i understand that people have different views on every thing in this world but come on, i said the same about they guy with the clear tail lights if we all only modify our cars with AMG wheels and AMG bodykits, were all just going to be the same!

go for it man! if you want it! do it, change things up abit! if i could do a full on wide body 202 i would have one right now!

pmemo
05-19-2006, 03:58 PM
Originally posted by got_wake
why?

because it's so called 'rice'?

i understand that people have different views on every thing in this world but come on, i said the same about they guy with the clear tail lights if we all only modify our cars with AMG wheels and AMG bodykits, were all just going to be the same!

go for it man! if you want it! do it, change things up abit! if i could do a full on wide body 202 i would have one right now!

If anyone has the fender, please post pics here.
I like to see how well it fits...

NEA-4311
05-19-2006, 04:55 PM
By the way Im the guy with the clear taillights :D and I too say go for it, I wouldnt though (my own opinion) cause yeah, the fenders on their own will look kind of strange, UNLESS ofcourse you go for the full bodykit. But then you re gonna need huge wheels in order to cover those pHat arches etc etc and moneywise, I dont think its worth it.:(

zzDragonzz
05-19-2006, 09:37 PM
Originally posted by NEA-4311
By the way Im the guy with the clear taillights :D and I too say go for it, I wouldnt though (my own opinion) cause yeah, the fenders on their own will look kind of strange, UNLESS ofcourse you go for the full bodykit. But then you re gonna need huge wheels in order to cover those pHat arches etc etc and moneywise, I dont think its worth it.:(

exactly, if you are going to get those you have to get the whole thing to make it look right...its like getting a hair cut but only doing one side haha

got_wake
05-19-2006, 09:44 PM
yeah fully go all out man!

Proven Guilty
05-20-2006, 12:14 AM
just take your car to a body shop with the fender still on the car. they can roll the fender, and pull it out to match the left side. shouldn't cost more than $100, or you can even try it yourself.

if you're a d.i.y. kinda guy, use a sand bag, or large sock filled with rice on the outside of the fender (to form to it, providing controlled resistance and form) and light tapping using a rubber mallet from inside the wheel well. anything too hard could crease, or cause the paint to crack, so just take your time and it'll turn out great.

NEA-4311
05-20-2006, 04:04 AM
There is a special tool to roll out the fenders, it mounts where the wheel does and it has some kind of an arm which you extend towards the arch and has a roller in the end so when you move it back and forth it rolls the fender out. Bodyshops and tuning shops have them, definitely check em out, Im sorry though, dont know what is called. :silly:

got_wake
05-20-2006, 06:25 AM
There is a special tool to roll out the fenders, it mounts where the wheel does and it has some kind of an arm which you extend towards the arch and has a roller in the end so when you move it back and forth it rolls the fender out. Bodyshops and tuning shops have them, definitely check em out, Im sorry though, dont know what is called. :silly:

guard roller, slammed c's got one check out his cardomain site for pics!

pmemo
05-20-2006, 08:11 AM
Oh, thank you. I will check body and tunning shopps if they can do.

pmemo
05-20-2006, 08:23 AM
Originally posted by got_wake
guard roller, slammed c's got one check out his cardomain site for pics!

How do I see the pics? can you put the link here?

NEA-4311
05-20-2006, 09:37 AM
Here you go ;)

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2285073/3

pmemo
05-24-2006, 12:14 PM
http://www.guardroller.com.au/video.html

I check the website. The tool is for rolling fender. I need to make my fender widen.
Thank you anyway.

!!!!!NJ Drive
05-24-2006, 04:07 PM
like i said the last time this ebay listing came up...i dont think it will even fit a w202, it looks more suite to a w203..take notice of the edge where the blinkers would be :bunny:

NEA-4311
05-24-2006, 04:40 PM
Originally posted by pmemo
http://www.guardroller.com.au/video.html

I check the website. The tool is for rolling fender. I need to make my fender widen.
Thank you anyway.

How much wider? If you roll them enough the will be wider. Thats the primary tool to use IMO.

pmemo
05-24-2006, 08:28 PM
How much wider? If you roll them enough the will be wider. Thats the primary tool to use IMO.

I don't need to wide the diameter. I like to sit the tire in the fender not flushing with the fender. I now have the tire flushes with the fender but driver's side one is in.

Is it much better to take the car to dealer body shop? I checked the local bodyshop(piper's bodyshop) in my area and got out to door price range from 750 to 800 including the genuine mercedes fender($250 to 300).

benzonline
05-25-2006, 04:35 AM

:D