PDA

View Full Version : Lsd

rollinrealbig
05-20-2006, 04:50 PM
so where can I buy an LSD for a 97' C230 ? $$$???

what will I get out of it ?

Proven Guilty
05-20-2006, 09:31 PM
as far as i know, the only one made was by kleeman. it's mostly for traction at the rear wheels if you're pushing a lot of torque at low RPM. on a stock c280 it probably wouldn't do much for you. wish i had a price, but i think it'll be hard to find one these days. try calling autowerks in michigan, or the kleeman distributor in colorado. both places / phone numbers can be found from the kleeman site.

good luck, and let me know if you find any/pricing as i'm also interested. i just do not have the time to track one down myself; i found almost all kleeman parts impossible to obtain for the 202 so far.. ;/

Renn 208
05-20-2006, 10:09 PM
your questions are backwards....if you don't know why you need an LSD, why are you asking where to get one?

jnenad16
05-20-2006, 11:58 PM
Originally posted by Renn 208
your questions are backwards....if you don't know why you need an LSD, why are you asking where to get one?
BIG LOL!

nenad

Abuimad
05-21-2006, 12:17 AM
Originally posted by Renn 208

LMFAO.....loool....

1995c280
05-21-2006, 06:45 AM
from what i understand the c36's came with limited slip diff's so my guess would be to start locating junk yards for a used one. good luck on finding one though!

Jason

jnolte
05-21-2006, 09:19 AM
Originally posted by 1995c280
from what i understand the c36's came with limited slip diff's so my guess would be to start locating junk yards for a used one. good luck on finding one though!

Jason

nope c36 dident have limited slip diffs

c280nz
05-22-2006, 12:54 AM
been their, researched that.
the best option could possibly be trying to convince sum1 like phantom grip to make a unit for our cars, there reasonably priced to.
they basically work as a little spring clutch thing holding against the spider gears

Nitrogenbalance
05-22-2006, 07:05 AM
Quaiffe makes LSD's for MBs now. From what I know they are the best. They also warrenty for life even when used under race conditions!! Evosport and Vivid Racing both carry them. They are about $1600-$1900 I beilieve.

I'm sure that your model isn't listed. However, neither was my C43 listed. The rear end is shared among many models so I can in fact get one for my vehicle. You may want to see if your rear is shared with any other models also.

I would check out the sites and see what works....

1995c280
05-23-2006, 03:14 AM
Originally posted by jnolte
nope c36 dident have limited slip diffs

i stand corrected...thanks jnolte

Jason

c55m8o
05-23-2006, 05:21 AM
Originally posted by c280nz
been their, researched that.
the best option could possibly be trying to convince sum1 like phantom grip to make a unit for our cars, there reasonably priced to.
they basically work as a little spring clutch thing holding against the spider gears ...which is exactly what Kleemann did and sells...
;)

c55m8o
05-23-2006, 05:30 AM
Originally posted by Nitrogenbalance
Quaiffe makes LSD's for MBs now. From what I know they are the best. They also warrenty for life even when used under race conditions!! Evosport and Vivid Racing both carry them. They are about $1600-$1900 I beilieve.

I'm sure that your model isn't listed. However, neither was my C43 listed. The rear end is shared among many models so I can in fact get one for my vehicle. You may want to see if your rear is shared with any other models also.

I would check out the sites and see what works.... I would -luv- to have a Quaife. I'm >90% sure our pumpkin is too small tho. You need the rear housing the size of the one used in the W210 to use the Quaife. Sorry I don't know the specifics on part #s and dimensions. Evosport's answer to me was "you have to try it". Well Duh! I'm going to and asking you because you're the dealer and the "experts". :rolleyes: (I guess not)

...regardless, numerous individuals who do know more then whoever I talked to @ Evosport have confidently told me it will not work in our diffs. Noone has ever said "it will", only "it might, you have to try it". So I'll back those who know "it won't" based on their experience.

c280nz
05-26-2006, 04:53 PM
Originally posted by c55m8o
...which is exactly what Kleemann did and sells...
;)
i thought kleenmann offer a hole swapable center diff, the part i am talking about is just a small spring block which fits between the spider gears of the standard diff centre and only cost a few hundred dollars :confused:

c55m8o
05-27-2006, 06:57 PM
Originally posted by c280nz
i thought kleenmann offer a hole swapable center diff, the part i am talking about is just a small spring block which fits between the spider gears of the standard diff centre and only cost a few hundred dollars :confused: Not what I've seen. What I've seen on several occasion was a modified Phanton Grip. Jeff, care to chime it? (it you're here; haven't seen you in a long time)

c280nz
05-28-2006, 01:27 AM
Originally posted by c55m8o
Not what I've seen. What I've seen on several occasion was a modified Phanton Grip. Jeff, care to chime it? (it you're here; haven't seen you in a long time)
so kleenman make a product like phantom grip?
im sorry youve lost me a bit now buddy?
or did jeff modify one? cos i tried to contact phantom grip about sizes etc to see if i could modify one to fit, but didnt get a reply