PDA

View Full Version : back again

ShollyC220
05-21-2006, 09:25 AM
Hey All-
It's been a long time since I've posted here, and I have sad news. I just traded my faithful '94 C220 for an 06 Jetta with only 9k on the clock. I got a sweet deal on the trade, but I miss my C already. Anyway, I had 18" Ace wheels on my C, and kept those. I have read that the bolt pattern on the new Jettas is 5x112, like W202's, so, will these wheels fit without any problem? I was also worried about offset problems due to the Jetta being FWD and the C220 being RWD. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks,
-Sholly

p.s.- It feels good to be back and posting here again.:banana:

jnolte
05-21-2006, 09:34 AM
its you 202nd post!

NEA-4311
05-21-2006, 10:09 AM
hahahah! jnolte is right!!! :D:D:D

Anyway you need to tell me the width and offset of your rims and if they are staggered or not. I can help you no problem then.

ShollyC220
05-21-2006, 12:12 PM
JNolte... always observant. Good time to come back I guess? Anyway, here is the link to where I bought the wheels...
http://www.wheelmax.com/wheelcolors.asp?CtgId=2300&color=Chrome
The measurements are 18x8.5. I am not sure on the offset, but they are not staggered.
Thanks-
-Sholly

NEA-4311
05-21-2006, 12:32 PM
The offset will be 35 then. They were perfect for your mercedes but the front wheels will stick out of the fender too much in your Jetta, around 2, maybe 3 inches! It wont look good in my opinion unless you wont lower it too much. But then again it wont look good in comparance to the rear wheels. You need 7.5J front and 8.5J rear to work smoothly.

allirroz
05-21-2006, 04:24 PM
one other thing to consider even with bolt pattern being identical is that the center hub could be different in size..... not certain but then again you are dealing with two different makes..

NEA-4311
05-21-2006, 05:05 PM
Originally posted by allirroz
one other thing to consider even with bolt pattern being identical is that the center hub could be different in size..... not certain but then again you are dealing with two different makes..
ACE is a universal fitting brand so if he goes and asks for a set of rings to a nearby wheelshop or even from the ebay dealer he bought them, it shouldnt be a problem to obtain. But again I advise you to try them on just to see how much they stick out and then decide to sell, trade or keep them. Your width problem is focused at the front.
Ive tried mine on a Golf V GTI (Im also on ACE 18x8.5J all around) and they bolted in no problem HOWEVER the car didnt move because we only wanted to see how it will look so we fitted just the front right wheel. So allirroz's point is right.