PDA

View Full Version : Rough Idle

JoeFrankC43AMG
05-21-2006, 09:37 AM
Hi. I am new to this site. Recently, while leaving a parking garage, I had a rough idle at the toll and the check engine light began flashing..and then went solid. After about 30-40 seconds, the rough idle stopped, but the light was still on. I know that it takes 3 restarts of the engine to error check and for the fault light to disappear, thus, after the third start, the light went away. The car was fine for annother few days and then the same symptoms reoccured. I have a 1999 C43 AMG with about 96K on the clock. I have never had a problem like this before. Additionally, my ABS light and traction controll light randomlly come on for no reason. These will also go away on the next start. The car is my daily driver, so I would like to staop any problems before they start. If anyone has had similar problems or any suggestions please get back to me. Thank you!

P.S. I have searched other threads and cannot find anything particular to my car or my series of problems. I know that the logical thing to do would be to take the car to MB service and have the code run; however, the problem is intermitent and I do not want to hase $100 just for them to tell me that they cannot find a problem. Thanks!

jnenad16
05-21-2006, 01:32 PM
before you pull the codes, we cant help you much. you can rent a OBD2 scanner from most parts stores for about $30 a day.

nenad

JoeFrankC43AMG
05-21-2006, 05:44 PM
All right thanks. That does make a lot more sense.

zzDragonzz
05-21-2006, 05:49 PM
Autozone lets you borrow their OBDII scanners for free, all you need is valid drivers license and you can pretty much pull the code yourself. The one I used from there gave me the exact problem description as well as the code, or you can just fork over 180 bucks and buy an ODBII scanner.

Proven Guilty
05-21-2006, 06:09 PM
the mileage suggests maf sensor for the intermittent rough idle.

someone just recently had a problem with the ABS light, so i'll see if i can find that post as it may contain a relevant fix for you.

JoeFrankC43AMG
05-21-2006, 07:50 PM
Awesome! Wow thats 90s. Thanks a lot guys, you are all very helpful. I'm going to go to Autozone tomorrow or at the latest when I finish finals and go home for the summer. Thanks!