PDA

View Full Version : Garage Opener-HOMELINK

benzonline
05-24-2006, 05:05 AM
Since I had my W203 and W202 both with Homelink, there has not been any chance of me getting them to work with my garage door which has the rolling code. I dont know what the heck my dad installed in this garage doors but it just wont work.

I followed several instructions, both Homelink's and MBs.

Any ideas or tips to get this to work with rolling codes?

FreeStyler
05-24-2006, 07:07 AM
Mine wont work either, and its a new house, maybe thats the problem?!?

detroit202
05-24-2006, 07:32 AM
mine either but it works on my friends door..

Sn0rKy
05-24-2006, 08:21 AM
did you try parking the car relatively close to the garage door open when programming it..
also its a rolling code, u need to press the button on the garage door open at the same time your are setting the homelink..

when i did it, i have my dad hold the garage door opener button and i was in the car.

detroit202
05-24-2006, 09:00 AM
Originally posted by Sn0rKy
did you try parking the car relatively close to the garage door open when programming it..
also its a rolling code, u need to press the button on the garage door open at the same time your are setting the homelink..

when i did it, i have my dad hold the garage door opener button and i was in the car.

so hold the transmitter to the visor and at the same time have someone hold down the button in the garage?

Sn0rKy
05-24-2006, 10:22 AM
Originally posted by detroit202
so hold the transmitter to the visor and at the same time have someone hold down the button in the garage?
i dont think the transmitter is required.....

juss hold the button on the garage
n hold the button on the homelink

martattack
05-24-2006, 10:24 AM
First program the HomeLink. It will let you know when the code is stored as per the instructions. Then you will need to press the button on the actual garage door motor to program the Homelink to the Door. You may need to refer to the garage door instructions for that.

benzonline
05-24-2006, 10:53 AM
I had a friend help me do this to no avail.

His Homelink in his Audi works on his door :confused:

Sn0rKy
05-24-2006, 11:31 AM
Originally posted by benzonline
I had a friend help me do this to no avail.

His Homelink in his Audi works on his door :confused:
do your lights light up when u press the homelink button

benzonline
05-24-2006, 03:28 PM
Ya the light on the mirror for the link lights up when I push it. I beleive its green or orange.

JOESID
05-25-2006, 06:37 AM
Did you press on the button on the actual garage door motor? I used to have trouble and almost gave up. You dont need the button on your garage wall or your transmitter, just the overhead motor button.

benzonline
05-25-2006, 12:00 PM
Yes I used every button imaginable. Im gonna try it one more time one day.

Sn0rKy
05-25-2006, 11:10 PM
Originally posted by benzonline
Yes I used every button imaginable. Im gonna try it one more time one day.
did u follow the directions correctly?
hold the homelink button till it starts to blink
then press the button until the blink stops ... dont know exact directions off the top of my head, but its something like that