PDA

View Full Version : HElp Confused and need explination

jnolte
07-30-2003, 02:52 PM
WEll today i was just messin around with my car and looking at the suspention. Then i saw it. I have a H&R spring on the front left side of my car? I was like WTF??? So i looked at the other 3 springs on the car but they dont say H&R on them. The back ones have the merccedes tag on them. So Now i am very confused. I dident think my car was already lowered but i have never seen a stock height C36 before. Maybe it has one H&R and the rest of the springs are cut i have no i dea here are the codes on the H&R spring.

H&R on car:29927 VA

H&R i bought on ebay: 31007 VA

Why are the codes diffrent?/

Will the ones i bought fit right??

Will the car be dropped any more since it looks like i already have springs on there??

How do i check my spring pads??

Brabus
07-30-2003, 03:32 PM
That crap is all jacked up :p

C280 JR
07-30-2003, 03:49 PM

check them for what? what what type they are, or are they damaged, if you want to know what type they are just look at how many bumps there are on the side to see how thing or thick they are

Elvir

JRE320
07-30-2003, 04:11 PM
Don't need to check coz your putting in your cut H&R springs anyway.. why bother.... :rolleyes: :bandit:

jnolte
07-30-2003, 04:17 PM
Originally posted by JRE320
Don't need to check coz your putting in your cut H&R springs anyway.. why bother.... :rolleyes: :bandit:

Well i need to figure it out because if the springs i put on dont drop it any then im gunna have to get the pads

nokia8860
07-30-2003, 07:41 PM
Depending on if you can see the nipples or not on the pads the number of nipples you see on the trailing edge of the pad will tell you the number... ie 2 nipples = #2 pads.

Hope you get your springs sorted. Sounds funky that the car you have has none matching springs. Best of luck.

J Irwan
07-30-2003, 08:10 PM
Originally posted by jnolte
WEll today i was just messin around with my car and looking at the suspention. Then i saw it. I have a H&R spring on the front left side of my car? I was like WTF??? So i looked at the other 3 springs on the car but they dont say H&R on them. The back ones have the merccedes tag on them. So Now i am very confused. I dident think my car was already lowered but i have never seen a stock height C36 before. Maybe it has one H&R and the rest of the springs are cut i have no i dea here are the codes on the H&R spring.

H&R on car:29927 VA

H&R i bought on ebay: 31007 VA

Why are the codes diffrent?/

Will the ones i bought fit right??

Will the car be dropped any more since it looks like i already have springs on there??

DUDE..!!

when Denlasoul posted your lil GTG I already asked you , if the car already been lowered....but you never replied...

to me the front already looks lowered vs Stock C36..

Maybe the previous owner did lower the car before and decided to swapped the Stock Spring back in hurry and forgot that front left ????:confused: :confused: :confused:

Btw about the the part number 29927-2 is the correct application for 1995-mid 1996 C36 and C280..(uses W201 spring pads)

For the later model of C280, C36 and C43 (w210 spring pads) the H&R part number is 29749-2

Take a look at this thread (http://www.club202.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=730)

Hope this helps.

Regardz,

00kompressor
07-30-2003, 08:12 PM
H&R, does make oem height springs. :D

J Irwan
07-30-2003, 08:19 PM
I just checked the Spring that you bought off ebay

with part number 31007-2 is actually the spring of the Cup kit..
That's right Cup kit (a kit which consist of 4 spring and 4 matching shock)..

So it's should be lower than regular H&R sport spring.

And if its has been cut futher like you mentioned earlier than that means your car will be slammed to the ground with this Cup kit spring..

H&R website listed the drop for H&R sport spring 1.4 front and 1.3 rear.
But when I put it on my car the actual drop is 2.0/1.9 front and 1.8 rear...

The Cup kit is listed as 2.0 drop for the front and 1.7 for the rear..

In reality it could dropped more than 2.0" (uncut) :D

(edit:grammar)

Regardz,

jnolte
07-30-2003, 08:23 PM
This is soo fucked...

SO basically i bought the wrong springs??? THe dude on ebay is a liar i guess. He said he had them on his old 1995 C36 AMG. He said he cut the springs one coil in the back for a 2.00 inch drop all around.

so what should i do.

Leave whatever is on my car now just swap out the pads

OR

Put on diffrent springs i bought and see if they fit.

What are the springs i have for anywayz??

J Irwan
07-30-2003, 08:27 PM
I'd put the cup kit spring anyway, since you already bought them.
However you will need to buy the W210 spring pad, since this cup kit listed for the 1997 and later applications.

Just to be on the safe side when running this cup kit spring I'd run pad#4 front and pad#3 rear..

That way If this cup kit really low, you will still ended up with reasonable slam....and if the spring is not that low, you'll still ended with decent height enought to get rid of the nasty gap...

Regardz,

jnolte
07-30-2003, 08:28 PM
Originally posted by J Irwan
I just checked the Spring that you bought off ebay

with part number 31007-2 is actually the spring of the Cup kit..
That's right Cup kit (a kit which consist of 4 spring and 4 matching shock)..

So it's should be lower than regular H&R sport spring.

And if its has been cut futher like you mentioned earlier than that means your car will be slammed to the ground with this Cup kit spring..

H&R website listed the drop for H&R sport spring 1.4 front and 1.3 rear.
But when I put it on my car the actual drop is 2.0/1.9 front and 1.8 rear...

The Cup kit is listed as 2.0 drop for the front and 1.7 for the rear..

In reality it could dropped more than 2.0" (uncut) :D

Regardz,

THanks for the Info J Irwan its much appreciated.

So what should i do

Leave what i have and switch out pads

OR

Put on my cup kit???? And either swap pads or not

jnolte
07-30-2003, 08:30 PM
Originally posted by J Irwan
I'd put the cup kit spring anyway, since you already bought them.
However you will need to buy the W210 spring pad, since this cup kit listed for the 1997 and later applications.

Just to be on the save side when running this cup kit spring I'd run pad#4 front and pad#3 rear..

That way If this cup kit really low, you will still ended up with reasonable slam....and if the spring is not that low, you'll still ended with decent height enought to get rid of the nasty gap...

Regardz,

J Irwan

Since i have a 1995 C36 will this cup kit fit even though its for later models. I guess the guy had it on his 1995 one.

J Irwan
07-30-2003, 08:34 PM
J Irwan

Since i have a 1995 C36 will this cup kit fit even though its for later models. I guess the guy had it on his 1995 one.

I said it again for the last time

It will fit perfectly with W210 spring pad..;)

Regardz,

MBATF
07-30-2003, 10:49 PM
Dude..litsend... if you gonna put that H&R Cup kit Springs in..then u need teh thickest pads for teh srpings, or else You will find out in the hard way..Jun you remmeber that right ?..my first time...:(

JRE320
07-30-2003, 11:34 PM
Originally posted by MBATF
Dude..litsend... if you gonna put that H&R Cup kit Springs in..then u need teh thickest pads for teh srpings, or else You will find out in the hard way..Jun you remmeber that right ?..my first time...:(

LOL!!! MBATF learn his lesson the hard way. I still remember him asking me if his car would high on #3 pads.

Dude!!! don't get so excited and confused. Read J Irwan's instruction carefully and slowly so you won't get confused.
I agree with J Irwan on the #3 and #4 pads with your cup kit springs. Good luck and always think about your Carlssons..... :eek: :Ponder: :crossid: :Paranoid: :suprise: :)

MBATF
07-30-2003, 11:40 PM
LOL!!! MBATF learn his lesson the hard way. I still remember him asking me if his car would high on #3 pads.

Dude!!! don't get so excited and confused. Read J Irwan's instruction carefully and slowly so you won't get confused.
I agree with J Irwan on the #3 and #4 pads with your cup kit springs. Good luck and always think about your Carlssons..... :eek: :Ponder: :crossid: :Paranoid: :suprise: :) dude...the time u remmeber tahst actully teh 3rd time i changed teh springs..but do u remmeebr teh My FIRST TIME??? dude it was so low rid that i can even turn mor ethen 90 dgree of teh my front wheels that i ended up had to drive home with that thin.....and evryone on teh freeway all looking at me crazzy cuz my front bumper was only very few chinches away from teh ground!!! LOL
i think TP still have teh first pic of my LOW RID car

jnolte
07-31-2003, 10:05 AM

I agree with J Irwan on the #3 and #4 pads with your cup kit springs. Good luck and always think about your Carlssons..... :eek: :Ponder: :crossid: :Paranoid: :suprise: :)

Oh Hell yeah Jun I baby my CArlssons!!!:)

IF this drop is too low i will just take it off and put on my old springs.

MBATF
07-31-2003, 10:57 AM
Oh Hell yeah Jun I baby my CArlssons!!!:)

IF this drop is too low i will just take it off and put on my old springs. Dude, or else u can buy teh w202 pads #1 or #2 and cut off teh surrounding then daouble stack them !!!!! i m about to do taht on mine... car too low...

Rocky
07-31-2003, 11:51 AM
Dude, or else u can buy teh w202 pads #1 or #2 and cut off teh surrounding then daouble stack them !!!!! i m about to do taht on mine... car too low...

I asked this before and every said DO NOT DOUBLE STACK THE PADS.

MBATF
07-31-2003, 12:04 PM
i had mine double stacke... and i secure dit by modifye d acenter cup, so nothing wil slip out.

jnolte
07-31-2003, 12:07 PM
After i get my springs installed do i need to the car aligned???? Could i just have like discount tire do it??? What does a alignment of a lowred car consist of??

JRE320
07-31-2003, 02:40 PM
After i get my springs installed do i need to the car aligned???? Could i just have like discount tire do it??? What does a alignment of a lowred car consist of??

It consist 4 lowered springs and 4 wheels with low profile high performance tires. :p :D ;) By the way don't have it align first after you drop it. Drive it like a week and let everything settle down first then get your alignment. Another thing you might notice that you might be bounching around coz the cup kit are soft unlike the regular sport springs. Let us know how u like your ride on your new springs. ;)

MBATF
07-31-2003, 03:05 PM
After i get my springs installed do i need to the car aligned???? Could i just have like discount tire do it??? What does a alignment of a lowred car consist of?? I might be able to sell u my Cupkit Shocks for good price, AFTER i get my new shocks slap onto my car first

jnolte
07-31-2003, 11:33 PM
I might be able to sell u my Cupkit Shocks for good price, AFTER i get my new shocks slap onto my car first

Well how worn are they and why are you getting new shocks???

MBATF
08-01-2003, 12:01 AM
Well how worn are they and why are you getting new shocks??? they are about a year old, and haven't driven much since tehy been installed (less then 8000 miles) nothing wrong with them, and why m i getting new shocks? cuz i need a stiffer ride due to my super low car.http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2002-12/31624/NUFDXKEDOB-DSC00319.JPG

speedybenz
08-01-2003, 09:38 AM
jnolte,

Why don't I send to a set of Eibach springs and you pay for shipping and add $50 bucks.

They will work great, are matched and then you will have the right stuff.

You need the number 5 pads in front and the number 2 pads in the rear.

Jeff

JRE320
08-01-2003, 07:35 PM
they are about a year old, and haven't driven much since tehy been installed (less then 8000 miles) nothing wrong with them, and why m i getting new shocks? cuz i need a stiffer ride due to my super low car.http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2002-12/31624/NUFDXKEDOB-DSC00319.JPG

You need new wheels Dude!!!! New wheels = less headache....:p :D ;) :) :cool:

MBATF
08-01-2003, 11:31 PM
You need new wheels Dude!!!! New wheels = less headache....:p :D ;) :) :cool: SHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!